Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Will you challenge the status quo? Do you have the drive to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to:
– Be responsible for designing and building critical components to successfully deliver solutions
– Work with a global team of analysts, engineers and business stakeholders
– Take ownership and drive deliveries within a supportive team environment
– Embrace the complex derivatives on the platform and enjoy the challenge of simplifying and rationalizing them
You will be working as part of a Global Equities Risk IT team that is spread across the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific. This team is responsible for building and supporting systems used by the Global Equity Derivatives business.
There are a number of applications in this area which are used on the trading floors in London, New York and Hong Kong. Your team delivers change and third line support on one or more of these systems which manage OTC and ETD trades and products.
– 7+ years hands-on experience in the development, design, maintenance and integration of software solutions
– Proficiency in core Java programming, Spring framework
– Familiar with automated testing, acceptance testing, TDD, BDD
– Good understanding and usage of DBMS'
– Experience working with complex applications with multiple stakeholders in a fast paced environment globally
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, you like to figure out how things work
– The ability to resolve production issues escalated to you
– Experience with the full software development life cycle predominantly with agile methodologies
– Experience improving older code bases as well as in using modern design patterns
– Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and the desire to work together with stakeholders
– Excellent research, investigation and evaluation skills
– Experience in the financial services industry desirable but not essential
– You have a minimum of a Bachelor's of Science degree in Engineering, computer science, mathematics or an equivalent technical degree
– A Software craftsperson focused on delivering clean code
– Proactive, keeping stakeholders well informed of development effort status
– Comfortable working with Agile teams in a fast paced environment
– Process oriented and have worked in an onshore-offshore model
– Comfortable interacting with both technical and non-technical personnel
– Skilled at recognizing system deficiencies and implementing effective solutions
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Why UBS? Video
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.