For more than three decades, the Virginia Lottery has worked to build a strong reputation, one synonymous with providing fun, entertaining experiences and doing so responsibly and with integrity. Proceeds from traditional Lottery games support K-12 public education in Virginia. Taxes generated by sports wagering and casino gaming, which are regulated by the Lottery, benefit other priorities of the Commonwealth.
The Virginia Lottery, an independent state agency, is currently seeking a Finance Business Systems Analyst to join its Finance team.
The Finance Business Systems Analyst will:
- Analyze the business needs of the Finance Department and functional units to help identify business problems and propose solutions.
- Ensure developed systems are implemented as specified.
- Assist user and operational documentation, conduct post-implementation project reviews as needed, and help to identify necessary user training requirements.
- Perform system analysis and design, application development, unit/system testing, installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, performance tuning, end-user support and documentation.
- Provide project leadership for assigned projects.
- Provide assistance in resolving complex accounting issues through the use of automated tools and analysis.
- Perform assigned account reconciliations and other special projects/assignments as needed.
The person selected for this position will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year college or university with major studies in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration, Business Information Technology, or related field.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of automated systems, especially related to financial operations.
- Extensive knowledge of databases and data analysis, and systems design concepts.
- Demonstrated knowledge / education in accounting.
- Superior knowledge of project management strategies and systems requirements.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others, both within the Lottery and externally.
- Ability to communicate complex issues effectively, orally and in writing, with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects with minimal assistance from manager.
- Ability to develop appropriate specifications documentation in both general and detail formats.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and leadership skills.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word, Visio, and Project.
A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Progressively responsible experience in Automated Systems, including Project Management, Systems Requirements Development, and financial operations.
The selected candidate must be able to pass a background investigation, and possess a valid Driver’s License. Minimum travel required.
Special Instructions to Applicants
The Virginia Lottery is an independent state agency, and as such all positions are exempt from the Virginia Personnel Act, as well as most Executive Branch human resources policies. The Virginia Lottery is a fun place to work and values diversity in the workforce. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. The Virginia Lottery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only online applications completed in their entirety will be accepted for this position. The Virginia Lottery will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of accommodation in order to provide access to the application and/or interview process. If any assistance is needed when applying online, please contact the Virginia Lottery’s Human Resources Department at (804) 692-7000. Applications will be accepted until a suitable pool of candidates is received. After 5 business days, this position may be closed at any time.