Under direct supervision, uses intermediate skills obtained through experience and training to assist Financial Advisors and provide clients with quality service. Follows established procedures to perform routine tasks and receives general guidance and direction to perform a variety of non-routine tasks with limited decision making responsibility. Routine contact with internal and external customers is required to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interacts daily on the phone and in person with prospective and existing clients including handling basic inquiries.
- Researches client and security information through the back office system.
- Processes and follows up on client documentation for proper maintenance of accounts.
- Prepares letters, forms, and spreadsheets to assist with servicing existing clients and prospecting for new clients.
- Creates and maintains records and files.
- Ensures required client paperwork is current with firm and industry requirements, rules and regulations.
- Maintains databases and creates reports using portfolio software programs.
- Assists Financial Advisors with marketing efforts including seminars, etc.
- Receives and processes securities.
- Receives cross-training and assists with other operational functions as required.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Company’s working structure, policies, mission, and strategies.
- General office practices, procedures, and methods.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Analyzing to be able to research account information.
- Organize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
- Use mathematics sufficient to process account and transaction information.
- Work independently.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and one (1) or more year’s securities industry or related work experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training as approved by Human Resources.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm
At Raymond James – we honor, value, respect the uniqueness, experiences, and backgrounds of all of our Associates. When associates bring their best authentic self, our organization, clients and communities thrive, it is part of our part of our people-first culture. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs.
Job Administrative & Support Services
Primary Location US-NY-New York-New York City
Shift Day Job
Eligible for Discretionary Bonus Yes