The successful candidate for this Business Development Representative position is a self starter with a demonstrated track record in selling to and/or creating business relationships in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical and/or Medical Device testing services industries. This position requires the candidate to leverage strong technical knowledge, innovative solutions and solid communication skills in an entrepreneurial setting. The successful candidate must be a positive, team player who works proactively with established and prospective clients to meet assigned sales goals and Impact's growth targets.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Focus on growing and expanding the analytical testing business of the Impact by advocating for customers and providing a high quality service to existing and future clients.
- Develop and market laboratory studies of the physical and chemical properties of products such as Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices, Fine Chemicals which fit into the skills matrix of the lab.
- Make proactive contacts with potential clients to develop Impact's testing business.
- Collaborate with marketing to prepare technical marketing materials to emphasize Pharmaceutical and Medical Device testing services for general distribution and business development.
- Interact with internal staff and external clients as necessary to define laboratory work scopes, costs and turnaround times for projects.
- Document routine contact information in the form of sales contact reports and/or summaries of client meetings to aid management and operations in financial forecasting, allocating resources and predicting financial performance.
- Promote a professional image and represent Impact at conferences and trade shows as and when required.
- Monitor competitor products sales and marketing activities.
- Develops and delivers presentations to existing and prospective clients on attributes of Impact services to support and expand client base.
- Demonstrate expertise in the following markets an advantage Cosmetics, Pharmaceuticals, Veterinary Products and Pesticides/Herbicides, among others.
- Experience with selling testing in a GLP/GXP environment essential
This role can be home based for the right candidate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 4 years (Preferred)
Typical deal size:
- Office or call center
- Trade shows