Position Summary: To create a superior member service experience by ensuring that members receive friendly, accurate, and timely assistance with their transaction requests either over-the-counter or by phone. Complies with all federal and state laws, organizational policies, procedures, and processes, including; but not limited to: the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Identity Theft Red Flags, and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). This position will be required to float to any of the credit union’s six branch locations: Concord, Fresno, Livermore, Pleasant Hill, San Francisco and San Ramon, as needed. The Member Service Representative Floater works directly with members and the general public to represent the credit union in a professional manner in support of our mission statement.
- Provide credit union services to members by opening of accounts, disbursements of funds, posting withdrawals, deposits and loan payments, and the processing of other account transactions.
- Respond to requests for information relative to products and services provided by the credit union.
- Perform daily reconciliation and balancing of an individual cash drawer.
- Recommend and cross sell credit union products and services to members in accordance with established goals.
- Maintain branch appearance, e.g., replenish brochure racks, update rate sheets, etc.
- Complete a variety of miscellaneous tasks including: balancing the ATM, Coinstar postings, retrieving and posting night drop deposits, filing, and answering the telephone.
- Deliver service and correspondence with members via our BranchLine i.e., messaging delivery channel.
- Reconciliation and balancing of the Vault and Cash Recycler.
- Provide account file maintenance, including processing requests for change of address, account ownership modifications, ordering replacement ATM/debit cards, etc.
- Offer security assistance and technical troubleshooting assistance of remote delivery products, including BranchLine, ExpressLine, Mobile Banking, and Bill Pay to our members.
- Perform basic IRA transactions using the appropriate forms. Able to open new IRA accounts, process deposits and withdrawals, and answer basic IRA questions.
- Review certificate maturity reports and perform appropriate account maintenance.
- Identify and recommend ways to continuously streamline or improve work processes and environments and perform other general clerical duties as assigned.
- Process outgoing wire transfers, including completing the wire transfer checklist and performing security verification, as appropriate.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities of a consumer loan interviewer by providing information about all consumer loan products and services, including calculating payments, quoting rates, payoffs, and taking paper applications.
- Ensure that member service is the top priority by answering and returning member and co-worker communications promptly, having proper forms and documentation with which to open accounts readily available, and keeping in touch with members and co-workers regarding the status of research or loan applications.
- Complete currency transaction reports in accordance with the requirements outlined in the credit union’s current Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Policy.
- Perform required Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) screens as outlined in the credit union’s current BSA Policy and report any positive matches to the BSA Officer.
- Monitor and communicate potential suspicious activity/transactions to the credit union’s BSA Officer and/or Fraud Analyst utilizing the credit union’s Suspicious Activity Investigation (SAR) Report Form.
- Provide relief for other positions in all branches, as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Branch Manager.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills:
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience: Minimum of 1+ year of experience in customer service position required.
- Skills and Abilities: Must have excellent communication skills with members and other credit union staff. Ability to effectively communicate with and manage difficult members, and handle situations involving the general public is required. Ability to perform basic accounting functions, apply excellent arithmetic skills, and demonstrate the ability to handle cash and balance to a teller drawer summary is required. Ability to effectively work at a fast pace and in a rapidly changing environment. Ability to use keyboard, 10-key calculator, and all other general office equipment is required. Proficiency in computer programs (e.g. Microsoft Office).
- Extra Credit Skills: You will bring your enthusiasm, collaborative work-style, inquisitive attitude, flexibility, creativity, focus on excellence, and overall “great-to-work-with” demeanor. Knowledge of Symitar software system is preferred. Spanish/English bilingual skill desired. Previous experience with a credit union or financial institution is a plus.
- Travel Required: Capacity to travel 70% of time to other branches upon short notice for back up. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Hours Required: Non-Exempt employee with a work schedule of Monday through Friday, generally 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., with some alternate work schedules. Hours may fluctuate moderately to accommodate business development activities.
- Environmental Conditions: Work is primarily performed within an enclosed office. Subject to standard background noise found in an office environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)