Description: Sonalysts, Inc. is seeking a submarine operations analyst to help the Navy shape acquisitions requirements based on their understanding of at-sea operations and tactics. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to the development of innovative technologies and prototype projects that will expand the capabilities of the submarine force.
What you will be doing:
- Work on interesting and challenging acquisition projects prior to fleet release such as:
- Advanced weapon systems that enhance submarine lethality
- Countermeasures that will enhance survivability
- Unmanned Undersea Vehicles working both with and independent of a submarine
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles providing additional reach to the submarine force
- Use analytical and problem-solving skills to influence acquisition program decisions
- Supporting government teams in the transition of concepts to prototypes to fleet release
- Design and execute modeling and simulation (M&S) studies to develop and refine tactical guidance
- Leverage previous operational experience to ensure engineering teams deliver the best possible product
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to challenge yourself (learn and grow) intellectually as technologies advance
- Participate in research of novel and cutting edge technology
- Ability to advance and lead independent project teams
- Becoming an integral part of an innovative, employee-owned company, which provides a full range of benefits including paid vacation time, tuition reimbursement program, health and dental insurance, life and disability insurance, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), and 401(k) plan
- Must be a U.S. citizen, possessing an active U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) SECRET security clearance*
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, engineering, operations research, or an applied science
- At least 3 years of experience in submarine operations
Strongly Desired Experience/Qualifications:
- Experience as a submarine officer (OOD) on an operational SSN/SSGN/SSBN
- Experience in submarine navigation and tactical operations
- Experience in operations research
Maintaining a U.S. Government security clearance involves periodic comprehensive background checks. Candidates are eligible for a clearance if they have demonstrated sound financial management (including good credit) over time, are free of criminal records, have limited foreign contacts or ties, and other factors indicative of a position of trust to protect information sensitive to the U.S. Government.
Sonalysts, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, disability, or other basis protected by law.
Sonalysts is a Federal contractor subject to Executive Order 14042, Ensuring COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors (the “EO”). All new employees will be required to present proof they are fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 on the first day of employment. If you receive and decide to accept an offer of employment, but you believe you are entitled to a medical or religious exemption under the specific conditions permitted by the EO, you will be required to notify us as soon as possible, and prior to the beginning of your employment, to start the interactive process and explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Sonalysts may be able to offer and what effect, if any, these may have on your start date or your employment. Every new employee must meet the requirements of the EO on the first day of employment, either by proof of vaccination or prior approval by Sonalysts of an exemption.
This job is not available to residents of New York City because of local law restrictions there.
Drug Testing Employer
Location: 2 Corporate Place, Middletown, RI 02842
Job Type: Full-time