Multi-state healthcare provider servicing hospitals and other post-acute healthcare providers has an opportunity for a Vice President of Finance in Ridgeland, MS. The position will be responsible for leading, directing, controlling and coordination of daily operational and financial business activities of the company. The Vice President of Finance oversees the management and coordinates the actions of the following departments: Accounting and Health Information Management.
The position reports to the President and CEO. The Vice President of Finance is responsible for assisting the President and CEO with planning, implementation, controlling and evaluating all business activities. The incumbent will help determine through strategic planning of the company and processes needed to exceed the organizational goals and means by which to measure success.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Assists the President and CEO in formulating and administering company policies and developing long range goals and objectives.
- Review analysis of activities, cost, operations, revenue and forecast data to determine company’s progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Directs and coordinates the formulation of financial programs to provide funding for new or continuing operations to maximize returns on investments and to increase productivity.
- Prepare monthly corporate and facility financial statements.
- Responsible for the financial viability of the organization through the administration of policies and procedures related to our accounting practices.
- Direct all fiscal activities including accounting, budgets, audits, cash management, taxes, payroll and billing.
- Establish inter-company and departmental budget, to include preparation, implementation and review processes.
- Follows company expectations with regard to HIPAA/Corporate Compliance policies and procedures.
- Attend Community functions as a representative of the organization, as requested by the President and CEO.
- Represent the organization’s interest by serving on health industry related committees and task forces as appropriate.
- Review financial statistics and plans expenditures according to budgeted limitations.
- Accountable for maintaining and improving job knowledge and skills through continuing education and professional involvement.
- Travel required throughout the State of Mississippi and surrounding states.
- Performs other duties as assigned by President and CEO.
- Minimum five (5) years Senior Management Experience, with strong emphasis on strategic thinking, problem solving, interpersonal skills, writing skills and public speaking.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Accounting or health related area.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Demonstrated record of exceptional leadershipskills.
- Experience in administering and managing operational budgets.
- Must possess excellent organizational, time management, and leadership abilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $160,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Finance: 5 years (Preferred)
- Management: 5 years (Preferred)