WE BRING THE “WOW”!
ARE YOU READY TO BE A “WOW” MAKER?
GES, Global Experience Specialists, is a global event marketing company with over 90 years and 4,000 passionate employees in North America, Europe and the Middle East. We create some of the most incredible events in the world – think traveling entertainment exhibitions, global user groups, sales conferences, holiday extravaganzas and exhibitions of all sizes. From initial strategy to show-stopping audio visual, accommodations to insightful measurement – and every detail in between – we bring brands to life!
Our Account Manager - Tradeshow coordinates and oversees tradeshow production and provides on-site supervision at tradeshow venues for a variety of accounts as assigned by the Director of Account Management/Account Manager Supervisor.
- Responsible for the management of shows from planning stages through collection of invoice, including: collaborating with clients to collect information; floor plan management; writing work orders; overseeing the creation, approval and distribution of service kits; working with internal departments to ensure work orders are completed; overseeing the set-up and tear down of shows; and generating show management invoices and following up until collected.
- Act as a liaison with show management, exhibitors, facility staffs, production personnel, internal clients and ancillary vendors with regard to all services and build working relationships with all.
- Ensure all tradeshows are produced within established budget guidelines. Budget and fiscal responsibility on assigned events including accuracy, forecasting and management
- Fulfill roll in Countdown and Capacity Planning process as required on assigned shows
- Performs other duties as assigned and deemed necessary of the position under the direction of the Account Manager Supervisor and/or Director of Account Management.
- College Degree Preferred.
- Knowledge of convention industry
- 2 years of tradeshow production or similar experience.
- 1 year of sales experience
- General accounting and finance knowledge with the ability to manage shows to budget.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Leadership skills and business acumen.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and able to multi-task.
- Self-starter able to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Work is performed in office conditions, involving sitting some of the time.
- Work may involve repetitive motion (i.e. constant keying, using fingers, or grasping of objects).
- Work is performed in a somewhat crowded or noisy area where there may be mild discomfort due to temperature, dust or other conditions.
- Work involves occasional exertion of physical effort (i.e. periods of standing, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting)
- Will require the ability to interact and lead union labor.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and at show site.
- Position averages 60-70 hours per week during several months of the year.
- Requires ability to adapt to multiple settings and shifting responsibilities
Our team members are our family, so we help our team members care for their families. The rewards of joining GES are extensive. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Here are some of the highlights:
And much more……
- Competitive salaries
- 401K with company match
- Healthcare/vision/dental insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Career development program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee assistance program
- Vacation time
- Community involvement opportunities
- Team activities