The Project Manager is responsible for managing project scope for a large-scale event, with possible support from Associate Project Managers. This position will monitor progress and performance against the project plan; identifying, resolving, escalating operational problems, and minimizing delays. This position is responsible for the end-to-end execution of projects from event design and development through closing. The Project Manager will ensure successful and profitable execution of events by following Technical and Production Standards and supporting the implementation of processes and SOP’s that drive consistency in event production. This position will partner with Project Management, Sales, and Operations teams in determining event technical requirements and communicating event execution plan with all parties. The Project Manager will report to the Associate Director, Project Management.
Key Job Responsibilities
Event Project Management
- Prepare and communicate technical production & labor schedules, sub-rental requirements, project scope, execution plan and individual responsibilities to team members, vendors and venue partners.
- Determine and secure the resources required to successfully complete each project.
- Maintain focus on client needs by attending client meetings, creating and maintaining organized show documentation and responding to client concerns and questions.
- Monitor project scope throughout the event planning process and adjust as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Assist sales and operations teams to help determine equipment needs and technical solutions for the project.
- Assist with the creation of technical diagrams when required.
- Review all sales documents to confirm that the equipment and technical positions will meet the client’s needs.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients at all levels of their organization and provide outstanding customer service while focusing on client retention.
- Provide leadership for Associate Project Managers on multi-PM supported events.
- Act as the project leader and onsite contact for the client throughout the event.
- Manage all phases of event technical execution from load-in through run of show to load-out.
- Assume ownership of inventory management throughout the event.
- Communicate the project plan and client expectations to event team.
- Manage onsite changes, including schedule, equipment or workforce modifications.
- Mentor and communicate with Encore Team Members on event execution and best practices to help improve the local knowledge base and experience in the market.
- Ensure compliance with established Technical Standards and Production Standards.
- Follow up with clients on-site to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly.
- Assist in the creation, analysis, and execution of the project budget, partnering with regional leadership to mitigate external workforce and sub-rental spend.
- Manage event costs to align with budget and ensure all onsite changes are communicated to sales for billing purposes.
- Assist with the completion of post-event client invoice. Work with operations management to ensure the prompt payment of all external vendors
- Ensure compliance with Encore Policies and Procedures to minimize company’s exposure to liability claims and property damage, theft and misappropriation.
Administrative & Training
- Complete Encore post-event process, to include the completion of all post-show reporting, confirming all workforce hours are accurately entered and ensuring that outsourced equipment is returned to appropriate provider.
- Participate in the development of Project Management SOP’s.
- Conduct review and analysis of proposed events as required.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of technical experience in the Corporate Staging or Broadcast industry. Project Management experience preferred
- 1+ year of Supervisory experience preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong Technical Background
- Strong Client relationship skills
- Familiarity with budgets and cost control
- Operational logistics experience
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple complex job functions within a fast-paced environment
- MS Office experience required
- Technical diagram knowledge / experience preferred
- Ability to travel up to 50% may be required