Amerit Fleet is looking for a Fleet Maintenance Manager for our Columbia team!
- Do you have experience in helping grow the business within Fleet Maintenance?
- Do you have heavy duty fleet experience?
- Are you a leader with a passion to build relationships with our accounts?
The Fleet Maintenance Manager is responsible for leading a team of Technicians and Mechanics in an aggressive preventative maintenance repair program, including the maintenance of large, medium, and light duty diesel trucks and trailers, and other equipment to ensure a safe and efficient fleet.
- Lead, educate and develop employees full-time technicians
- Monitor employee’s performance and be accessible to all areas of the shop
- Plan daily manpower to meet workload
- Provide support to the operations team regarding all equipment related issues
- Monitor and analyze all opportunities to cut costs and improve efficiencies
- Perform administrative functions; including payroll approval, scanner downloads, repair order maintenance and compliance documentation
- Address all corrective action regarding direct reports
- Provide clean, safe working conditions of the facility and equipment
- Communicate with fleet maintenance manager to ensure operation's and company's needs are met
- Identify and monitor equipment sent to outside sources for repairs
- Conduct pre-shift meetings
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
- Must possess at least 5+ years' industry experience in fleet maintenance management or operations capacity within the auto/diesel industry
- Must possess 8-10 years as a Manager within the automotive or diesel industry.
- Must have heavy duty fleet experience (post inspections)
- Must have experience in expanding business in a fleet environment
- Prior technician/mechanic experience is required
- Must be familiar with light-heavy truck/trailer repair and maintenance
- ASE certifications are a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to travel as needed
- Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of tractor and trailer maintenance, DOT rules and regulations, company policies and procedures
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills
- Must be multi-tasked oriented
- Strong computer skills
Benefits: Permanent, salaried and benefited; We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance and life insurance.
About Amerit Fleet Solutions www.ameritfleetsolutions.comAmeritFleet Solutions, a certified DVBE, (Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise) is the largest provider of comprehensive, customizable fleet management solutions for large-scale public and private vehicle fleets. As a single-source fleet management service provider, we offer clients unprecedented economies of scale, bottom-line value, visibility and control, continuous improvement and comprehensive business analysis capabilities. The national footprint and services provided by Amerit created set a new standard in the Fleet Maintenance Industry and has proven highly effective in reducing costs and building efficiencies with some of the largest corporate fleets in the US.
Job Type: Full-time