- BLS Certification
- Communication Skills
- ARRT Certification
- ARRT (R) Certification
- CPR Certification
Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center
A quaternary care facility that is home of the Texas Heart® Institute, a world-class cardiovascular research and education institution founded in 1962 by Denton A. Cooley, MD–consistently ranked as one of the nation’s best in Cardiovascular Services & Heart Surgery.
The first hospital in Texas and the Southwest designated a Magnet® hospital for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, receiving the award four consecutive times. Baylor St. Luke’s is home to three freestanding community emergency centers (Holcombe, Pearland, and San Felipe) offering adult and pediatric care–treating more than 51,000 patients annually. The hospital holds a collaborative partnership with Baylor College of Medicine and affiliations with The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, The University of Texas Medical Branch (Galveston), Houston Baptist University, and Prairie View A&M University.
Operates specialized mammography, stereotactic biopsy and bone densitometry equipment, Performs direct patient care and Performs a variety of technical procedures to produce images for diagnosis of breast diseases and osteoporosis evaluation.
Education and Licensure:
Associate’s Degree preferred
Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in Radiography(R) an Mammography(M); must maintain current
Certified by State of Texas – MRT
One (1) year of experience as a radiologic technologist
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Good alpha/numeric dexterity and handwriting skills
Interpersonal skills for communication with patients, physicians, visitors and other hospital personnel.
Good written and oral communication skills
1. Selects and modifies positioning of patients and Performs mammographic, stereotactic biopsy, breast pathology localizations and bone density procedures
2. Performs patient education with mammography patients
3. Performs mandatory quality control of radiographic equipment, screens and processing for strict ACR, MQSA and state regulations. Performs daily cleaning of equipment and all necessary information is documented and takes appropriate action. Repeat/reject image analysis is maintained on a daily basis
4. Directly Assists the radiologist with all invasive procedures, documents procedures and renders first aid to patient if needed. Maintains report correlation of biopsy with pathology reports
5. Coordinates with the O.R., central scheduling, physicians or office staff for effective scheduling of the invasive breast procedures.
6. Keeps a par level of supplies stocked and available in the mammography rooms. Orders new supplies as needed
7. Assists with the training of newly hired personnel and clinical training of students
8. Assists in sending all required reports to physicians and patients.
Requisition ID: 2019-R0245422
Market: CHI St. Luke's Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center