"IF YOU CREATE THE STAGE SETTING AND IT IS GRAND, EVERYONE WHO ENTERS WILL PLAY THEIR PART."
A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus - a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. Guests are invited to enter a world where they are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax - however they define a perfect day. Situated on oceanfront Collins Avenue in the heart of Millionaire's Row, Fontainebleau Miami Beach is one of the most historically and architecturally significant hotels on Miami Beach. Opened in 1954 and designed by Morris Lapidus, it was the most luxurious hotel on Miami Beach, and is thought to be the most significant building of Lapidus' career.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Responsible to assist the Director of Spa Operations in the management of the spa and gym facilities to ensure high quality and profitable products and services for Spa and Gym guests. Assists as needed with overseeing salon and spa services areas and service providers.
SPA MANAGER OF OPERATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Assist Director in providing leadership to all locker, concierge and gym personnel.
2. Monitor expenses and revenue to ensure budget goals are met.
3. Daily inspect Spa facilities to ensure high quality standards of cleanliness and sanitation are maintained.
4. Participate in marketing of Spa/Salon and gym to local guests, groups, outside vendors, etc.
5. Resolve guest concerns and implement solutions.Interact directly with guests to maintain high service levels and satisfaction.
6. Schedule staff in gym,locker room and concierge areas and assign work for efficient use of equipment and personnel.
7. Ensure compliance by all personnel with Company and departmental rules, policies, and procedures.
8. Plan, manage, and monitor work done by personnel as well as employment, communications, coaching & relationships for gym,locker room and concierge areas.
9. Serve as liaison to POS systems vendor.
10. Oversee gym to guarantee cleanliness of facility and good working condition of equipment.Oversee gym classes and programming. Serve as liaison with gym vendors.
11. Supervise sale of gift cards and vouchers.
12 Perform other related duties as assigned by Director.
Knowledge of full range of spa services and therapies.
Ability and proficiency to utilize word processing, spreadsheet, scheduling, and presentation software.
Well organized and demonstrated strong problem solving skills. Effective leadership, supervisory, and management skills. Budgeting and analytical skills.
Ability to communicate effectively and establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, management, and staff.
Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent resort data.
High school education or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree or four years relevant education and experience preferred.
Minimum of three years experience supervising a large resort spa preferred.