Full-time$16 - $17 an hour
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- Certified Recovery Specialist
- Driver's License
- Behavioral health
- High school diploma or GED
Full Job Description
Merakey is currently seeking a CPS to join our Behavioral Health Division our Philadelphia, PA location.
- The Certified Peer Specialist (CPS) performs a range of tasks through individual and group encounters to assist consumers in regaining control over their own lives and over their own recovery process.
- The CPS will role model competency in recovery and ongoing coping skills, serve as a consumer advocate, provide information and peer support in their communities, inpatient or emergency settings.
- The CPS also provides essential expertise and consultation to other team members in promoting a recovery-oriented culture and practice of service provision and in understanding the consumers' perspective and subjective experience.
- CPS will be responsible for managing a caseload of participants that they will support as they recover from MH symptoms. Candidates must have a CPS certification, as well as a valid DL.
- The CPS is a road warrior and is expected to meet with their participants in the community setting.
- CPS will also participate in all treatment team meetings, have collateral contacts with other treatment providers, and will be part of a multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Services are provided in accordance with all existing policies, procedures and regulations, In accordance with the mission and values Merakey
All qualified candidates must meet the following requirements below to be considered:
- All candidates must receive a peer specialist certification, upon graduation from a certified peer specialist training program.
- A high school diploma/GED & 1 year of clinical experience working with Mental/Behavioral health adults is required.
- Within the last 3 years candidates must have maintained at least 12 months of successful full or part time paid or voluntary work experience, or obtained at least 24 credit hours of post secondary education.
- Must have knowledge and an understanding of recovery principles and the recovery driven service system.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Must have the ability to establish professional relationships with peers.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Benefits included for FT employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $17.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused