Chief Financial Officer
The Accounting Intern will be responsible for assisting with month-end and year-end close, monthly
financial reporting, preparation of the 2021 financial budget, and other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities Accounting:
- Preparation of journal entries.
- Account reconciliations.
- Preparation of various schedules in conjunction with annual audit process.
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial package.
Financial Information Systems & General Ledger:
- Assist with preparation of 2021 financial budget.
- Maintain the general ledger in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
(GAAP) as well as all State and Federal requirements including A-133 audit requirements.
- Maintain and update Chart of Account and recommended developing and improving financial
systems, financial policies and internal control procedures.
- Work with other finance/accounting staff to implement streamlined procedures and workflow.
- All other duties as assigned
Required Skills or Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to establish strong working relationships and to
communicate effectively with leadership team, site leaders, physicians and clinicians, behavioral
health team members.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-based environment
- Ability to communicate in a confidential and HIPAA compliant manner
- Ability to maintain appropriate professional boundaries with all staff, trainees, and
patients at all times.
- Ability to demonstrate respect and sensitivity for cultural diversity, gender differences,
and sexual orientation of patients and coworkers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of other Microsoft Office products (Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Working toward bachelor's degree in applicable field such as Accounting, Finance, Economics,
Statistics, Health Care or Business Administration, Health Care Informatics or Information Science required.
- Experience in financial management/reporting, budgeting, grant reporting, PC based accounting
systems, electronic spreadsheets, non-profit tax returns data management; preparing, reviewing, and
presenting performance data preferred.
- Prior experience and familiarity with managed care and the FQHC environment preferred.
- Experience with Abila MIP Fund accounting preferred.
1. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
2. Must be able to move around the clinic site 50% of the time.
3. Constantly operates a computer, computer printer, copy machine, and telephone.
4. Occasionally positions self to maintain exertion of physical strength to move objects of 10
pounds from one level to another.
5. Must be able to transport from one site to another.
6. Must be able to cover other shifts as necessary.
PrimeCare Health is firmly committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants. Therefore, PrimeCare does not discriminate on the basis of creed, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, marital or parental status, alienage, disability, political affiliation or belief, military or military discharge status.