Desktop Support Technician 2
Provide technical support to end users remotely and onsite. Troubleshooting, installing, implementing and administering desktop and other local area network components. Looking for a well-rounded candidate to help support multiple customer environments. Our organization serves as network administrators and computer technicians.
- Provide resolution to all desktop support requests
- Provide technical support to network infrastructure and server infrastructure. Including Network switches, wireless access points, and firewalls. Assist in managing the active directory structure and maintain the servers.
- Configure, troubleshoot, isolate, repair, and resolve all customer desktop issues including desktop/laptop hardware and software, mobile devices, printer/scanners/copiers, audio visual equipment, hardware peripherals and other desktop related equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair desktop computers to ensure they interconnect seamlessly with multiple systems including network drives and all business productivity applications
- Establish and maintain a positive professional relationship with users and clients
- Upgrade existing customer hardware and software.
- Proactively manage the help desk case management system.
- Must be able to analyze complex problems, develop a logical solution plan, and implement solutions with proper documentation.
- Produce all reports as required by supervisor
- Responsible for tracking hardware inventory per division policies
- Provide training and mentoring for desktop support team members, including escalated support requests
- Additional duties as assigned
- 3-5 years technical support experience in a corporate support environment
- Advanced knowledge of Windows desktop operating system 7,8x,10 (imaging, repair, installation, troubleshooting, upgrading)
- Advanced knowledge of desktop hardware and common desktop software required
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated patience and overall courteous behavior when working with internal and external customers
- Demonstrated ability to work independently; must be self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Ability to lift and move common computers and peripherals.
- Ability to perform without direct supervision
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation required
- Successful completion of all pre-employment checks including drug and background checks required.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional), Network +, or any industry certification that shows you know what you’re doing.
- Ability to handle basic TCP/IP troubleshooting
- Sound knowledge of network protocols, operating systems and management systems
Job Type: Full-time
- Desktop Support: 1 year (Required)
- Baton Rouge, LA (Required)