1.0; 80 hrs/pp; Varied Shift
Contact: Gretchen Cablayan
Previous experience required
Verity Health System offers a dynamic environment for individuals dedicated to careers in healthcare - whether you seek a clinical or administrative role. Created in December 2015, the new Verity Health System team is working to revitalize our facilities to create a more welcoming, healing environment for our patients. We are investing in new technology to advance our delivery of safe, quality patient care. If you welcome the challenge of re-inventing healthcare for the patients we serve at our Verity Health hospitals and through our Verity Medical Foundation, this could be the opportunity for you. With more than 8,000 employees and physicians, Verity Health is a non-profit, non-religious health care system with 1,650 inpatient beds, six active emergency rooms and host of medical specialties including: orthopedics, transplant surgery, cardiology, maternal/child health and wound care, among other specialties. We are committed to the Verity Values of Caring, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Stewardship and the goal of serving our communities for generations to come.
Prepare foods for consumption by patients, cafeteria, or catering. Maintains Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) principles in the preparation and storage of all foods.
MAJOR JOB OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Uses proper food handling procedures in planning, preparation, and cleanup of patient meals, nourishments, staff meals, cafeteria and catering.
- Uses standardized recipes and procedures when preparing any menu item used for patients, cafeteria or catering.
- Treats customers in a friendly and courteous manner 100% of the time.
- Maintains a clean serving area 100% of the tome.
- Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his or her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job-related hazards.
- Follow the hospital exposure control plans/bloodborne and airborne pathogens.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Promotes effective working relations and work effectively as part of a department/unit team inter- and intradepartmentally to facilitate the department/unit's ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates the behaviors and actions that support Verity Health System Values.
- Assumes all other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- ServSafe Certification preferred
- At least 2 years previous hospital food service experience preferred
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Knowledge of therapeutic diets preferred