Prudential Annuities and Life Technology is building a startup culture in the company that is touching 20 Million+ lives, yet thinks agile. A company where talent drives success and your work touches everyone from a 25-year-old to folks over 90 years old living in retirement. We care about web accessibility. We care how we treat our customers. Our employees are passionate about what they do and make it happen.
The Solution Engineer is a key technical contributor who has the ability to digest complex business problems and identify architecturally sound solutions. With demonstrated expertise in a variety of information technology concepts, practices, and procedures, can design, modify, develop, write and implement software applications. Engineer, who has passion for new technologies, understands end to end web development technology stack, responsive web design, Service oriented architecture(SOA) and turns concepts to life using Agile framework. We are looking for someone who is outcome focused, loves challenges, can work collaboratively and exemplifies the virtues of our talent model: Humble, Hungry and Smart.
- Collaborate with technology, architecture, product management on ways to drive outcomes with focus on enriched customer experience
- Work in an iterative/Agile environment and be a strong team player
- Deliver high quality code with attention to detail
- Analyze and tune application performance, with a focus on service/message throughput and latency.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed to accommodate offshore team needs
Preferred not required
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- A creative and analytical problem solver focused on translating business problems into architecturally sound technical solutions
- Knowledge of integration background - integrating multiple systems together including mapping and transformation of data
- Familiar with security concepts (authentication, authorization, encryption, digital signature), SSL, web service proxies, firewalls, multi-protocol gateways.
- A TECHIE that lives for emerging technologies, and is hungry to keep learning.
- Demonstrates a craving for continuous improvement, through understanding of new technology innovation and its application
- Knowledge of implementation using service oriented architecture (SOA) patterns a plus
- Knowledge of Web service technologies such as REST, JSON, SOAP, XML, JDBC, MySQL
- Knowledge spring framework, spring messaging, SpringBoot, SpringMVC, JPA, Tomcat, Hibernate a plus
- Knowledge of DevOps tools such as CodeDeploy, Artifactory, SonarQube, Selenium, Jenkins, Ansible is highly desirable
- Knowledge of AWS cloud technology, DevOps and Jenkins preferred
- Knowledge of Kafka, ActiveMQ, Metronome, Splunk, Dynatrace, New Relic desired
- Travel to local Prudential sites up to 10%
- Experience with Agile methodologies and fast pace environment
- Knowledge of Github or Subversion
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.