$14.67 - $25.53 Hourly
$30,518 - $53,101 Annually
This position is a Pay Band 60
Purpose of Position
Interviews are anticipated to be conducted within two weeks of closing date.
Why does the job exist?
This position will provide & manage various purchasing, accounting and inventory functions for the bureau through defined/documented procedures and standards, and proactively interact with customers and State Printing employees as point of contact to all business operations functions.
How does it get done?
This position handles incoming customer telephone calls, calculates price quotations for printing jobs (financial/manufacturing/technical knowledge is required), does financial operating transfers, and distributes quotations to inquiring customers, and provides a direct front desk customer service for walk-in business. Incumbent will also:
- Running of batched invoices from State Printing's Management Information System (MIS);
- Customer quotes, job orders, and purchases;
- Creation of budget documents;
- Receive and reconcile check transactions from customers;
- Perform program management functions (i.e. annual material & fixed asset inventories);
- Inventory functions for the bureau through defined/documented procedures and standards.
Who are the customers?
NM State Government Agencies and Nonprofit Entities
- Familiar with the Share System;
- Familiar with quoting systems/cost calculations used in a Print Shop;
- Experience in Printing Customer Service;
- Knowledgeable of Digital and offset printing methods, as well as, prepress and bindery functions.
Associates Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or Accounting and two (2) years of directly related job experience in the areas of office administration, budgeting, purchasing, finance, accounting, auditing, cash management and/or contract management. Substitutions Apply. See Substitution Table below.
These combinations of education and experience qualify you for the position:
Education Experience Education Experience
1 High School Diploma or Equivalent AND 4 years of experience OR High School Diploma or Equivalent AND 4 years of experience
2 Associate's degree in the field(s) specified in the minimum qualification AND 2 years of experience Associate's degree or higher in any field AND 4 years of experience
3 Bachelor's degree or higher in the field(s) specified in the minimum qualification AND 0 years of experience
- Education and years of experience must be related to the purpose of the position.
- If Minimum Qualification requires a specific number of "semester hours" in a field (e.g. 6 semester hours in Accounting), applicants MUST have those semester hours in order to meet the minimum qualifications. No substitutions apply for semester hours.
Must possess and maintain a valid New Mexico Driver's License.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to Visual/Video Display Terminal (VDT) and extensive personal computer and phone usage. Some sitting, standing, bending and reaching may be required. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Do you know what Total Compensation is? Click here
Agency Contact Information:
Robert Newlin 505-231-0339 or email Robert.Newlin@state.nm.us Email
For information on Statutory Requirements for this position, click the Classification Description link on the job advertisement.
Bargaining Unit Position
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.