The Systems Administrator / Network administrator will be the technical lead in charge of server and network infrastructure change within BGB. This person will support BGB IT efforts through cloud infrastructure architecture, design, implementation and subsequent administration along with other members of the IT staff. This individual will work with the Director of IT to architect, and design systems based on specific project needs that are secure, highly available and scalable.
What we are looking for:
- A proud advocate: You are relentless in making sure people have the tools necessary to do their jobs, while managing the server environment and architecting an infrastructure based around high availability.
- A team player: You can collaborate effortlessly with multiple, sometimes distributed, stakeholders to develop creative solutions using direct, empathetic, and clear communication.
- A team mentor: Who can develop a server/network infrastructure vision and assist in organically growing the skillsets of our team of ambitious IT experts in order to achieve it
- A process specialist: Who loves using data and metrics to inform and create a vision for future infrastructure architecture with an eye towards continuous improvement.
- A techie at the core: You love solving novel technical challenges that come your way and staying abreast of industry best practices.
- Tier 3 Resolution and subject matter expert evaluation and elevation of requests from our IT Request tracking systems.
- Manage and maintain AZURE AD in a hybrid environment
- Monitor, test, and verify data and system backups.
- Monitor, test, and verify our BC/DR solution built on Zerto, Veeam, and AWS Glacier
- Create and maintain documentation for IT procedures guides.
- Recommend and test new technologies from business needs reviews.
- Recommend purchases due to company growth and needs.
- Design, develop, implement and administer enterprise level on-premise & cloud solutions.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement emerging cloud and infrastructure technologies.
- Design secure, robust and scalable cloud-based systems.
- Analyze system requirements by interacting with operations, executive staff and other key business stakeholders.
- Partner with the business to ensure solutions support current and long-term business needs.
- Partner with operations team for implementation and support of designed systems.
- Analyze existing Cloud deployments and recommend changes based on industry best-practices and trends.
- Develop and deliver operational and design documentation for all pertinent projects.
- Perform other Systems Engineering/Administration job-related duties as requested.
Major Skillsets & Knowledge
Minimum 3-5 of increasing experience managing:
- Strong knowledge of the Azure Ecosystem. Compute, Storage, Management, Azure AD, etc.
- Strong knowledge of the AWS Ecosystem. Specifically, S3 and Glacier interaction.
- Strong knowledge of the Office 365 Ecosystem with Azure AD
- Strong network administration skillsets and abilities
- Strong technical documentation creation and management skills
- Intermediate to advanced BC/DR methodologies knowledge. Specifically:
- Intermediate to advanced VEEAM administration experience
- Intermediate to advanced ZERTO administration experience
Experience with the following is a plus:
- The design and implementation of enterprise-level systems, working with on-premise, cloud and virtual technologies
- Windows Server design and administration
- Windows Active Directory design and administration
- VMWare ESX (currently using 6.5)
- Working with vendors to open or escalate issues.
- Enterprise-level network environments, working with Cisco/HP technologies (SDWAN design and administration a plus).
- HP Layer 3 Switches with VLANs and VoIP
- Cisco Router Management and BGP Configurations
- Dell SonicWALL Firewall and SSL VPN Management
- Microsoft Azure AD
- Amazon AWS Services
- Microsoft O365 E3
- Scripting Languages (PowerShell, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Agency experience
- Meraki Cloud and MDM
- Dell PowerEdge servers
- Compellent SAN hardware
- Synology NAS Storage hardware
- APC UPS hardware and environmental
- Centrify Mac Management
- PowerShell Scripting
- Kaseya Remote Monitoring
- Mitel VoIP systems
- Microsoft SharePoint O365 or On Prem
- Web Technologies: SQL, HTML, CSS, php
- Microsoft SQL (currently using 2008R2, 2012, and 2016)
- ITIL Foundation knowledge
- Must be able to pivot due to changing operations priorities and remain calm when dealing with issues and/or crisis.
- Excellent problem solver and multitasking skills
- High degree of ethics and ability to keep information secured and confidential.
- High level of business acumen and professionalism
- Ability to resolve issues by using available resources and escalation routes.
- Able to work after-hours, weekends, and be on call due to business needs.
- Able to lift 50lbs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and/or commensurate experience
- Certification in: Microsoft technologies and/or CCNA, etc. is a plus