Location:Headquarters Address:Springfield, MO Job Type:
AECI’s Springfield Headquarters is seeking candidates for an Associate Quantitative Analyst. Quantitative analytics is a new and expanding function among our portfolio management teams, dedicated to supporting portfolio modeling, financial forecasting, and term trading, hedging, and contracting in the areas of wholesale power supply, natural gas, coal, rail and renewables. Responsibilities include applying production cost modeling techniques, financial mathematics, and developing statistical pricing models to support commercial functions to optimize AECI’s power generators, contracts, and positions to enhance margins and mitigate financial risk.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field such as mathematics, engineering, physics, mathematical finance, or equivalent work experience is required
- Experience with Excel and VBA programming, math/statistical packages, and data management techniques including manipulation of large datasets
- Effective technical writing and oral communication skills to support collaboration, strategy documentation and decision-making
- Ability to perform at sustained high energy and performance level and generate innovative and creative ideas/concepts
What’s in it for you?
- Work along-side power marketers, commodity traders, energy contract originators, resource planners, and risk managers
- Analyze and value complex structured transactions with optionality, financial commodity derivatives, forward market prices and locational spreads, including the application of stochastic production cost models and other quantitative analysis models
- Provide insights in energy markets and emerging opportunities
- Support the development of new high margin products and hedging and trading strategies
- Support marketing performance management through the development and refinement of useful performance metrics
- Opportunity to present study results and findings to peers, managers and executives
AECI provides a competitive total compensation package including paid health care and dental premiums starting on day one with vision plans available. Basic life, short-term disability and long-term disability are paid for by AECI as well as a 401k with an employer match. Invest in yourself with our tuition reimbursement and enjoy time away with Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays. Wellness incentives and employee assistance programs are also available. Come join a team where your talents are appreciated, your voice is heard, and your work has an impact!
To apply for a position, please visit www.aeci.org/careers and complete your profile. You will be able to upload additional applicant documents (i.e. resume, cover letter) and apply for a position. AECI is fully committed to the concept and practice of equal opportunity and affirmative action in all aspects of employment. Please reference the contact information above if you require assistance in filling out an application. Individuals with disabilities should request reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act prior to an appointment.