Within a rapidly changing environment, UNDP’s Strategic Plan 2018-2021 sets an ambitious course to catalyze and facilitate positive change for countries in their efforts to achieve the SDGs. UNDP has embarked upon a series of transformational efforts across its policy and programme, operational, and external relations areas under the auspices of a “#nextgen UNDP” effort. The organization is aiming to digitally transform itself in order to catalyze action for the achievement of the Strategic Plan.
UNDP’s digital transformation focuses on developing the organization’s capability to leverage existing, emerging and future digital technologies and the opportunities they offer to profoundly improve the way UNDP creates and delivers value and benefits for those we serve; UNDP’s recently finalized Digital Strategy 2019-2021 guides these efforts and builds off UNDP’s extensive range of digital initiatives spanning the country, regional, and global levels.
The position of the Digital Transformation Consultant will be part of the team under Chief Digital Officer and responsible for the following:
- Apply a structured methodology for system change and support change management activities
- Monitor and evaluate change process at different levels of the organization
- Develop human-centered approaches for culture change that are agile, and ready for the digital world
- Support developing digital learning strategies and its implementation in different Bureaus
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Apply a structured methodology for system change and support change management activities
o Apply a change management process and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by the Digital Transformation of UNDP
o Support strategic positioning analysis and advice, e.g. related to comparative advantage, partnerships, vision, mission and values;
o Support the translation of strategic direction and business objectives into holistic change strategies
o Support change and transition initiatives and integrate the activities into Digital Strategy Implementation Plan
2. Monitor and evaluate change process at different levels of the organization
o Support organizational design and define roles and responsibilities in the change process
o Conduct impact and readiness assessments to identify key changes or readiness gaps that will impact the organization
o Apply behavioral tools to assess the impact of change on organizations, using assessments of organizational culture, performance, and readiness for change
3. Develop human-centered approaches for culture change that are agile, and ready for the digital world
o Coordinate between different Bureaus to identify key stakeholders and understand existing culture and bottlenecks
o Support the design, development and delivery of communications in support of change process
4. Support developing digital learning strategies and its implementation in different Bureaus
o Provide input, document requirements and support the design and delivery of training programs to communicate changes
o Help different bureaus respond to and embrace market, regulatory, and process changes triggered by emerging digital technologies
o Contribute to practice development initiatives including culture building, internal community involvement, eminence, recruiting, whitepapers, etc.
Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Ability to persuade others to follow
Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to deliver in a high pressure environment
Ability to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, mixing long-term projects with the urgency of immediate demands.
Ability to collaborate with and achieve actionable results
Excellent ability to multi-task in a high-demand and fast-paced work context
Promotes a knowledge-sharing and learning culture in the office
Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in a consulting or industry role
- At least 1 year of experience in undertaking change management and culture change activities to support an organization’s transformation.
- Experience at a management consulting firm focused on strategy, operations, process consulting, or project / program delivery within digital transformations
- Knowledge of leading practice change tools and methodologies including but not limited to predictive analytics, engagement and facilitation tools, experience design using personas and informed by organizational analytics, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with different teams including but not limited to strategic planning, IT, communications, partnerships, operations, human resources, etc.
- Demonstrated interest in one of the following communities of practice: Digital Advisory, Transformation Leadership, or Organizational Change Management
- Familiarity with user research, user-centered design principles, process transformation, and data analytics
- Experience and understanding of digital transformation a plus.
Describe any additional qualifications:
- Excellent knowledge of English, as well as writing, presentation and communication skills. Fluency in other UN languages is an asset.
Click here for important information for US Permanent Residents ('Green Card' holders).
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.