Apprentice Signal Trainees will be trained to perform the duties of Signal Workers. Signal Workers are an important link between ensuring compliance to FRA regulations and customer satisfaction while achieving the safest most efficient railroad operations.
- Signal Workers are primarily responsible for performing FRA regulatory test and inspection of the signals systems.
- Install, repair, and maintain, test and inspect various equipment such as signals lights, switch machines, electrical switch locks, switch circuit controllers as well as crossing warning devices as well as the maintenance and repair of automatic classification yards.
- Install, repair, maintain, test, and inspect signal systems including Automatic Block, Traffic Control, Positive Train Control, cab signal and interlocking systems
- Other general duties include cable locates, painting and housekeeping of signal housings & equipment; climb and troubleshoot signal structures and make electrical connections.
- Use of a wide variety of hand tools, on track high-rail equipment, and test instruments
- Perform construction duties, including digging holes and trenches to lay cables, wiring apparatus, setting foundations, installing equipment, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $29.00 - $35.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Erie, PA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Electrical experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person