Commonwealth Companies is looking to add a full time Maintenance Technician to their properties in Sun Prairie, WI. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the general appearance and maintenance of the physical property and for ensuring the efficient operation of the property on a daily basis. Must have valid driver's license and be open to on-call schedule. Permanent, full time position with competitive pay and benefits!
- Be on-call as scheduled by management for after hour emergencies. Will respond to all emergencies within 30 minutes, and in accordance with the Insurance/Crisis Response Policy.
- Test all emergency lighting in accordance with the preventive maintenance manual procedures.
- Check exterior of buildings for any maintenance problems. Replace light bulbs as necessary.
- Check vacant apartments for needed repairs and complete those repairs.
- Grout tiles and caulk tub/toilet/sink as necessary.
- Repair and replace locks and dead bolt locks as needed. Rotate locks at turnover.
- Check all doors and windows for proper operation and weather stripping, paying particular attention to all fire doors and building entry doors.
- Repair and replace windows and screens.
- Do monthly smoke detector checks in 100% of the households on their property.
- Follow the preventative maintenance program as outlined within the different binders.
- Adhere to all CMC policies and procedures.
- Handle general electrical repairs.
- Replace light switches, fixtures, outlets and fuses.
- Replace phone jacks.
- Replace/repair exit lighting. * Prepare trash dumpsters for scheduled pick-up:
- Maintain log of trash pick-ups to verify billing.
- Maintain dumpster enclosures in clean, working condition. * Common area and Apartment Work Requests:
- Work requests must be picked up at the office and completed within 24 hours. All requests must be in writing issued by the Property Manager or his/her designee.
- Delays in completing work requests must be communicated to the resident and the Property Manager
- Return work requests to office upon completion. * Carpentry
- Sheetrock repair, paint & texture
- General carpentry & drywall repairs * Mechanical:
- General repair & replacement of appliances
- Air conditioners: clean filters, compressors and condenser coils
- All general heating control repairs * Snow Removal
- Preventive maintenance:
- Be familiar with and follow preventive maintenance manual procedures.
- Initiate repairs to prevent a greater future expense * Be on-call as scheduled by management for after hour emergencies. Will respond to all emergencies timely in accordance with the Insurance/Crisis Response Policy.
- Create and maintain a safe work environment, any safety concerns must be reported to your supervisor immediately.
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Technician: 1 year