The Body Image Therapy Center is searching for a licensed therapist, counselor, or social worker who is passionate about working in the field of eating disorders as an outpatient therapist. Previous experience with eating disorders required. This is a revenue-sharing position.
Benefits of working with Body Image include:
- A highly flexible schedule to see clients when you want to any day of the week.
- Competitive contracts affording better pay for therapists
- A full support staff including intake center, admin department, and billing center
- Advertising and marketing platforms that reach thousands of individuals per month
- A multi-disciplinary workforce to ensure wraparound care for our clients
- Benefits for 1099 part-time employees including: vision, dental, life insurance, short-term disability, accident insurance, cancer assist, critical illness, hospital confinement indemnity insurance
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Individual therapy for clients and their families seeking treatment for a wide variety of eating disorders.
- Document all sessions in electronic medical records
- Coordinate care with clinical team in-house and with outside providers
- Participate in advocacy and education programs in the local community to raise awareness about eating disorders across the spectrum
- Motivational enhancement of clients who need higher levels of care and facilitate their transition to that care
Must be fully and independently licensed and able to be credentialed to accept insurance under our group practice.
The Body Image Therapy Center is the premier full-service eating disorders program in Maryland, DC, and Virginia. We treat clients who present with all manner of eating disorder behaviors, mental health concerns, substance abuse issues, and trauma histories. We have a penchant for working with minority populations, LGBTQ+, persons living in larger bodies, and males with eating disorders.
If you are passionate and dedicated to this population, we want to hear from you.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $40.00 to $60.00 /hour
- eating disorders: 1 year (Required)