At Adult & Pediatric Dermatology, PC, / Dermatology Associates we are dedicated to creating a caring, professional, patient-centered experience for state-of-the-art medical, surgical and aesthetic dermatology and dermatopathology. By treating every patient as an individual, we seek to customize a plan of care to match each patient’s needs and priorities. We strive to deliver exceptional dermatologic care by making comprehensive dermatology services available and accessible to our patients within their communities. We support our primary care healthcare providers with easy access and rapid communication. We empower our patients with information to participate in the goal of achieving healthy skin. Our highly-trained providers and staff work as a team to provide excellent, coordinated, cost-effective dermatology care.
Job Summary: Serves as telephone person, directing all calls to the appropriate person. Demonstrates sensitivity to patient’s needs and requirements. Demonstrates superior telephone and interpersonal skills. Must present professional decorum at all times.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years experience in physician practice or customer service related background.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional articulate communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate concern for patient’s problems.
- Cares for patients as one would wish to be treated.
- Conveys enthusiasm.
- Ability to empathize with geriatric and disabled people.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Scheduler Responsibilities
- Answers telephone calls promptly and in a friendly manner saying one’s name at beginning of call.
- Pre-Registers all New Patient which includes name, sex, date of birth, home address, home telephone number, work telephone number, cell/pager number, insurance information which includes plan name, plan ID #, plan group #, subscriber name if other than ‘self’, subscriber’s date of birth, primary care physician’s name, and co-payment amount.
- Verifying every callers information which includes; date of birth, home address, home telephone number, work telephone number, cell/pager number, checking patients insurance eligibility status by one click of a button, insurance information which includes plan name, plan ID #, plan group #, subscriber name if other than ‘self’, subscriber’s date of birth, primary care physician’s name, and co-payment amount.
- Scheduling the patient with the correct appointment type code, scheduling the patient with the correct amount of time, documentation of appointment reason for every patient is essential, and confirming appointment date, time, provider they are seeing and office location.
- Putting patient on call wait list if patient wishes to be seen sooner.
- Working in harmony with other call center coordinators to check wait list daily when cancellations come through.
- Notifying appropriate office of same day add-ons and cancellations
- Triages all calls to appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for scheduling queue voicemail throughout the day and returning patient calls within 30 minutes of received message. Voicemails are to be documented in voicemail log books. If a patient cancels an appointment via voicemail you are to call the patient back to try to reschedule even if they have stated they will call to reschedule.
- Responsible for patient reschedules and patient reminders.
- Entering faxed referral registration requests from primary care and urgent care offices. Calling patients to schedule appointments and documenting in Athena charts when they are not reached.
- Logging into everseat® to confirm online scheduling appointments. If the information is not filled out completely on the website, calling the patient to get accurate information.
- Cancelling appointments via Doctor Connect® dashboard. Updating the dashboard with the next weeks schedule daily.
Job Type: Full-time