At Opal, we believe enterprise software should be beautiful, simple and designed for the job at hand. Opal is a collaboration platform, built for brand marketing teams to produce, organize and govern creative content.
The Opal StoryFirst™ framework empowers teams with a dedicated environment to visualize and deploy campaigns across all marketing channels, reducing complexity and aligning teams for better marketing results. Our customers are creative, passionate people and, through a platform tailored to their specific needs, we’re helping them rediscover the best parts of their jobs.
Our team is deeply invested in creating a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. We are building a world class lineup of creative and strategic thinkers that work together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
A successful Product Designer at Opal craves solving complex problem sets through elegantly crafted systems and user experiences, and doing so iteratively in collaboration with others. It’s important that you’re able to cultivate a beginner’s mindset and a strong curiosity for how people interact, learn and work together. You’ll join a team that values passion, creativity, collaboration and seeing both the forest and the trees.
This position is focused on building the next generation of experiences for Opal on mobile devices, so it’s imperative that your portfolio has a strong foundation in that area.
- Stay calibrated against user needs through ongoing dialogue with PMs, CX Managers and the Design Director — as well as being engaged in direct feedback loops like user interviews.
- Work with PMs and the Design Director to align on needs and approaches to move swiftly during project discovery.
- Collaborate with other designers and engineers to scaffold ideas, build prototypes and iterate on a solution to test.
- Work transparently and inclusively along your process to ensure we arrive at the best solution and benefit from internal expertise.
- Solicit feedback and coordinate usability testing sessions to validate solutions, both internally and with customers.
- Work with engineers on your team to break solutions down into an iterative rollout that provides value at every step.
- Demonstrated experience designing solutions for software applications that have shipped, and iterating on your learnings
- Demonstrated understanding of application user experience, specifically as it relates to iOS and Android mobile platforms
- Portfolio that clearly conveys various design skills, including lean research and testing, interaction and interface design, as well as writing and presenting.
- Strong collaborative skills — able to recognize when you don't have all the information and willing to work with others to get it.
- Comfortable adapting to various tools for executing on your work
- A full-time, salaried position
- Full healthcare coverage (health, dental, vision, FSA)
- Short-term disability insurance
- Early-stage stock options
- Company-sponsored outreach & activity programs
- A tight-knit, very supportive team — we pride ourselves on our culture
- A fun, open office with ping pong, video games and snacks for days
- Exposure to some of the biggest brands on the planet
At Opal, we are building a world class organization of creative and strategic thinkers. There are no individual egos at Opal, only a team that strives to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.