HOERBIGER SERVICE INC (HSI) is seeking a Key Account Manager for our growing organization. HSI provides maintenance and repair services to users of industrial reciprocating compressors across multiple industries, including natural gas and process gas (refinery, petrochemical and industrial gas) accounts.
The Key Account Manager is responsible to drive the front end of the customer experience to maximize return for the customers and deliver greater visibility, efficiency and high value/profit for the company. Develop relationship to transition HOERBIGER from a supplier into a partner by transferring transaction product sales in to business results. The Key Account Manager will be instrumental in maintaining a strong profitable position with natural gas customers while driving growth in the process gas market. This position serves on a team which covers a region including: Pennsylvania/Ohio/Illinois/Indiana/Michigan as well as other parts of the Midwest (Minnesota/Iowa/Missouri eastward) and the east coast states.
Candidates must have technical experience working with rotating or reciprocating machinery in the oil/gas market, as well as a proven record of success selling in the oil/gas market in the region.
The HOERBIGER brand is synonymous with components and services providing high customer value in compressors, industrial engines and turbines, automotive drivetrains, and multifaceted mechanical engineering applications.
- Meet sales targets in terms of growth and profitability
- Prepare for customer visits and follow-up with visit reports in CRM and action plans to achieve business results
- Expand and strengthen the customer base and relationship; identify and develop management contacts
- Analyze and identify potential development opportunities for HOERBIGER, serving as the Voice of the Customer
- Develop and manage a strong CRM opportunity funnel and balanced order profile for assigned accounts.
- Support regularly the sales forecast, Sale & Operational Planning process
- Identify maintenance schedule and consult with customer to develop budget for planned maintenance.
- Support and execute marketing campaigns and initiative development, roll-out and active follow-up
- Identify and convert customers to performance and long-term contracts for parts and services, capturing or protecting market share.
- Actively target “Win Back” customers, focusing on key profitable competitor business
- Support both HOERBIGER operations and customers with clear communication and relationship management
- Provide structured lost-order analysis (recording reasons for rejection)
- Document the competitive situation and the market price level at the customer
- Engineering Component (higher technical school, Bachelor’s Degree or solid industry experience)
- Demonstrated success in a similar sales role; minimum five years practical experience
- Passion for the customer and desire to succeed through team-work
- Customer-centric mentality where ‘a promise is a promise’
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Basic understanding of financial reports
- Willing to travel extensively ( >50%)
Technical/Functional Knowledge Requirements
- Detailed understanding of the Oil and Gas Market (up- and down-stream)
- Technical experience with rotating and/or reciprocating machinery
- Familiarity with operation of a successful equipment service business
- Excellent understanding of customer needs and key stakeholders
- Working knowledge of sales related systems (CRM, etc.)
- Familiarity with vendors of rotating equipment and components
- Knowledge about competition, especially ISPs and OEMs
HOERBIGER is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free Workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
- Industrial Gas/Oil equipment sales: 5 years (Required)
- ERP system (such as SAP) or CRM system: 2 years (Required)
- Gas/Oil Industrial equipment sales in the stated region: 5 years (Required)
- technical Rotating/Reciprocating Compressor/Machinery: 5 years (Required)
- Driver License (Required)