- Be a resource for the leadership of the Company regarding human resources topics/compliance and assists in the strategic development and planning process.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state laws and regulations; enforce adherence to requirements; advise management to needed actions and implement those decisions company wide.
- Identify, research, propose and implement new approaches to effect continual improvements in efficiency.
- Able to positively influence and promote change through coaching and communication skills.
- Oversee and support the administration of all HR-related responsibilities, including but not limited to recruiting, on boarding, benefit programs, performance management, succession planning, training programs, employee relations, compliance, terminations, workers’ compensation, leave of absence and unemployment.
- Consult with managers and supervisors concerning employee-related matters and provide guidance and mediation on staffing and management issues.
- Create, maintain and review job descriptions. Ensure job descriptions are accurate and reflect job duties and responsibilities.
- Create job postings and job descriptions with management for a full cycle recruitment activities including but not limited to posting open positions, screening/interviewing applicants, scheduling interview. Work closely with temporary agencies in sourcing temporary employees.
- Analyze training and development needs and lead the development and administration of training programs.
- Ensure that all company personnel policies and procedures are followed. Work closely with management and employees to ensure consistency and compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulations. Recommend procedural changes that improve the operation efficiency of the Company.
- Coordinate performance reviews. Work with management to ensure reviews are written and communicated appropriately and completed in a timely manner.
- Administer FMLA/CFRA/PDL/Workers’ Compensation/Health Insurance programs.
- Serves as a back-up to the Payroll Administrator.
- Maintain and update human resources documents, such as company policies, employment records, employee handbooks, and performance evaluation etc.
- Other HR-related duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Human Resources or related discipline.
- Two (2) plus years of Human Resources experience, preferably in a 100+ employee manufacturing environment.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and information with tact and diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Detail oriented with the highest standards of accuracy and ethics.
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead and drive change in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese are required.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook).
- Able to meet deadlines and multi-tasking.
Job Type: Full-time