The Driver Assistant position will assist the rep with delivery of products distributed by Ben E. Keith Beverage. Will complete paperwork and document daily activities.
- Build healthy business relationships and establish good communication with our retail customers
- Safely unload order at customer location with the aid of a hand truck (dolly), manual or electric jack
- Organize and refill back stock, coolers, beer shelves and displays
- Count, fill, and condense back stock and retailer shelf inventory
- Count and verify order completeness with customer; obtain customer signature and payment
- Maintain designated back stock area at customer location; ensure area is organized and free of trash
- Verify product order with customer to ensure accuracy
- Collect payment and signature from customer upon delivery
- Communicate with sales staff any observed opportunities or challenges
- Perform job duties in a variety of settings (grocery, convenience, bar, etc.) and under challenging weather conditions (such as rain or snow)
- Ensure company equipment is in safe, working condition; reports any incidents or unsafe conditions immediately to supervisor
- Operate all company equipment safely and in a manner consistent with company policy
- Build displays as required
- Complete a pre-trip and post-trip inspection of truck; if something needs attention document and report problem to be corrected
- Maintain and keep clean assigned company vehicle at all times
- Meet all DOT and Ben E. Keith standards of safety and compliance regarding the company vehicle as well as when driving and loading or unloading the vehicle.
- Project a friendly, professional image at all times
- Attend meetings as required
- Prioritize multiple, competing priorities
Perform other duties as assigned
- All applicants hired by Ben E. Keith Beverages are required by the State of Texas to obtain two TABC licenses
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Able to coordinate multiple activities and follow through with commitments
- Good oral and written communication skills and participate well in a team environment
- Must be highly motivated and results oriented, with a strong attention to detail
- Must be organized with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Must be able to read and write English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Must be 18 yrs. or older to apply
- Ability to move products weighing up to 165 lbs., stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear
- Ability to work in various weather conditions
- Basic computer skills preferred
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license with clean driving record
High school graduate or GED required
A drug screen and physical will be required.
All applicants hired by Ben E. Keith Beverages mustobtain two 2 TABC licenses as required by Texas law.
All successful applicants must share a commitment to Ben E. Keith’s goals and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results oriented environment. In exchange we offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
We have sought to create an environment in which the contributions of each employee at Ben E. Keith are fully valued. This means more than simply treating one another with respect; it also means giving full consideration to how all our people who have many diverse racial, cultural, and social backgrounds can positively impact the quality of the decisions we make about our business.
Here at Ben E. Keith we recognize that our workforce reflects the increasingly diverse nature of our society, and we want to do all we can to take advantage of that diversity with both our external and internal customers. We believe our differences are also our strengths, and we want to do all we can to use those strengths to find more creative solutions for the business challenges we face. Ben E. Keith is an equal employment opportunity, affirmative action employer.