Preston Memorial Hospital, located in beautiful Kingwood, WV, less than 30 miles from Morgantown, WV, is a rural hospital with vision, diversity, stability and a future. At PMH, we have one simple mission: To enhance the health of the communities we serve, one person at a time. Our 300 plus dedicated and caring employees are encouraged to employ their talents and abilities to solve any challenge faced by our patients and the surrounding community.
While many hospitals, especially rural hospitals, are closing because of ever declining reimbursement for the services they provide, Preston Memorial Hospital continues to get stronger by offering new programs, new services, and operating more efficiently. Besides providing excellent healthcare services, Preston Memorial also is a strong contributor to the county's economic status as it is the third largest employer in Preston County.
The respiratory therapist will assess, treat, and care for infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients with breathing disorders. Perform / assume primary responsibility for administering all respiratory care treatments and modalities; non-invasive cardiovascular procedures and/or tests; pulmonary diagnostic tests; neuro-diagnostic (EEG) tests, and pertinent patient education.
A respiratory therapist in the Cardiopulmonary Department must either be certified (LRTC) or registered (LRTR) by the West Virginia Board of Respiratory Care.
o Exception: New graduate with a temporary license from West Virginia Board of Respiratory Care.
· Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT); NBRC, and
· Recognized by West Virginia Board of Respiratory Care as a LRTR
· Current BLS certification
· Associate Degree
o Minimum 1-year experience as a respiratory therapist that would establish competency in critical care;
general medical care; and diagnostic testing areas encompassed by the scope of responsibilities.
· One (1) year of respiratory care experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education.
o New graduate with temporary license from West Virginia Board of Respiratory Care
o Other requirements / Certifications / Licensing
· Current licensed or eligible for license by the West Virginia Board for Respiratory Care as stated by Chapter 30, Article 34, Gb2348 as a LRTC or LRTR is required.
· Currently licensed the West Virginia Board for Respiratory Care as stated by Chapter 30, Article 34, Gb2348 as a LRTR.
o Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
o Current ACLS certification
o Bachelor's Degree
o active membership in American Association of Respiratory Care (AARC)