This position requires a diverse background to support the Corporate Business Intelligence and Analytics IT Corporate function. A significant concentration of our candidate’s workload will be the development and support of our Visualization and Reporting framework. As a BI Technical Developer and Analyst, you will assist with all major project initiatives, enhancements, analysis, and day-to-day support including collaborating with on/off-shore resources. Working with cross-functional teams, you will participate in gathering reporting requirements, and coordinate with the business to document and catalog all necessary requirements and artifacts. This role will require a flexible, agile approach to meet our changing business needs with practical hands-on experience in Visualization and Discovery to support Enterprise-wide reporting in the Human Resource, Finance, Sales and other Business functions.
S&P Global has started its journey to leverage usage of structured and big data companywide. This position will directly influence the growth and evolution of standardizing the use of this information through state of the art Business Intelligence platforms. Additionally, we will ensure that the needs of internal and external clients are met, including partnering with all operating companies.
The Career Opportunity
We see this position as evolving over time with the candidate driving new opportunities and working closely with CDO and business groups. In the near term, the candidate will work with business teams to implement and support the platforms for Finance (e.g. Lead to Cash reporting) and Human Resources (e.g. HR Executive Dashbaord).
The Team / the Business
The team, through its deep expertise in various technologies, fosters knowledge sharing that results in a unified group strategy. Each of our team members is committed to making a genuine impact with the work that we do. The candidate will actively lead, participate and represent Business Intelligence & Data Warehouse solutions and facilitate cross functional team collaboration.
Our Hiring Manager Says
If you are an agile Analyst/Developer who is highly passionate about driving Enterprise Visualization and Reporting; Data integration; and maximizing the impact of data quality at S&P Global; this is an excellent opportunity. I am looking for someone with Business Intelligence technical and functional skills, including ideally a diverse background in Data Warehousing, Data Modelling, Data Analysis, Predictive Analytics and Data Quality to manage the scalability of our platform and the oversight of S&P Global data.
Data Discovery, Visualization, Data Analysis, and Reporting:
- Participate in overall architecture and strategy for the deployment of Qlik, Tableau, and Power BI suite of products following Agile Methodologies.
- Create data visualizations that guides decision making and improves understanding of complex business situations.
- Provide production support on Qlikview and Tableau applications and dashboards, servers and manage user access, schedule refreshing of documents, mount completed applications, review server error logs.
- Work with business users to assist in data analysis and translate business requirements from multiple data sources into technical specifications and implement required reports and dashboards.
- Define best practices for Enterprise BI development and deployment and create reusable templates
- Provide training and assistance to the business users/developers for generation of dashboards and reports.
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members.
- Liaise with Application Support and Data Solutions teams to ensure proper configuration management and change controls for the various Production and Pre-Production environments.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience; MS is highly desirable
- 5+ years "hands-on" experience designing Business Intelligence solutions with Qlikview and Tableau. Experience with Microstrategy and Power BI a plus.
- Experience using Oracle PL/SQL, stored procedures, SQL optimization skills
- Experience in Noetix data warehouse solution a plus
- Experience in AWS Big data and Cloud data warehousing platforms, SnowFlake & Informatica Cloud Services a plus
- Strong data analysis and quantitative skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
- Financial services experience strongly preferred
- Experience with software development lifecycle methodologies (Agile preferred)
To all recruitment agencies:
- Implementation and Support experience in Tableau, Qlikview and Qlik Sense including working with Qlik Management Console and implementing security.
- Core experience in building dashboards and visualizations using Qlikview, QlikSense, Tableau, Power BI, MicroStrategy, Oracle BI and integration with Analytics and Metadata Management.
- Preferred experience in Oracle EBS (GL, AR, AP, and FA Modules) backend data structure is required and application knowledge in Sales Force, Workday and Zuora.
- Knowledge in database development – Oracle, SQL Server, Graph database, and Postgresql, Mongo DB
- Experience in developing complex SQL queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Table Joins, and Views, including scripting languages - VB Script, SQL, PLSQL, HTML
- Knowledge of ETL tools with hands-on experience in Informatica Tool suite including: PowerCenter, Cloud Services (ICS), ICRT
S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfdescribes discrimination protections under federal law.