- Leadership Experience
- Change Management
- Microsoft Office
Master Electronics has an exciting career opportunity for a Service Desk Manager. Master Electronics is a leading authorized distributor of electronic components dedicated to stocking breadth of part numbers. Founded in 1967, Master Electronics has been supplying top quality components for industrial, military, medical, aerospace and consumer applications. Master is franchised for over 250 suppliers and stocks over 350,000 unique parts, including world-class brands such as ebm-papst, Honeywell, ITT Cannon, Omron Electronics, Panasonic, and TE Connectivity.
This management position is available due to the successful growth of our company. The candidate selected will be a hands-on working manager of a team of desktop support technicians involved in the support of geographically disperse end users and a full suite of desktop applications. The candidate will provide the leadership and ITIL skills necessary to ensure high quality, quick response and customer friendly support. This position operates in a high change fast-paced environment to solve business problems through exceptional troubleshooting skills, the development and maintenance of an enterprise scale service management system, supports system users throughout the United States, Canada, and Asia, and works within a cross-functional team to assist in ensuring a high degree of user functionality.
- Leads a team of desktop support technicians.
- Responsible for the internal customer experience for a geographically disperse end-user population.
- Collaborates with end users, programmers and functional managers to troubleshoot and document issues with internally developed ERP application.
- Implements, trains and mentors service desk team on MOF/ITIL processes.
- Leverages tools and best practices for the issue and incident tracking, change management and systems monitoring.
- Owner of business tools such as File Shares, Anti-Virus, Patch Management, Service Desk, Office365 etc.
- Provides level 2 support, including off-hours support when needed, to critical business applications.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum of 5 years leadership experience in an enterprise global service desk operation.
- Ability to instill a culture of service that places our internal customers first. Develop KPI’s and metrics to measure service levels. Implement proactive maintenance processes for desktops, laptops, and printers.
- Proven experience implementing service desk automation for issue tracking and self-support portals. Build automated workflows to improve the quality and speed of common support requests
- Superior troubleshooting skills and ability to quickly learn the warehouse operations and key functions of the ERP system in-order-to effectively provide Level 2 support. Offloading developers from L2 user support.
- Demonstrated experience implementing processes for 24x7 monitoring, alerting and escalation, integrating monitoring into issue tracking systems for automated ticket generation
- Above average change management skills. Implement and drive the change management process and separation of duties for production releases. Act as change manager for all production system changes
- Act as the owner for File Share, Office 365, AntiVirus and Patch Management tools
- Demonstrated experience implementing MOF/ITIL processes.
- Ability to work with limited supervision in an environment where the leader, peers, and staff are geographically distributed
- Must be able to occasionally work outside of core hours, as business conditions necessitate (e.g., implementation of new functionality, month-end processing, etc.)
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems (CIS), Information Technology or similar related discipline or 10+ years directly related experience
- Previous experience with ProvideX and/or PxPlus applications
- Previous experience with Samanage
- Preferred geographic locations include Phoenix, AZ
Job Type: Full-time
- developing KPI’s and metrics to measure service levels: 1 year (Required)
- File Share, Office 365, AntiVirus and Patch Management tools: 1 year (Required)
- implementing service desk automation and processes: 1 year (Required)
- leadership in enterprise global service desk operations: 5 years (Required)
- implementing MOF/ITIL processes: 1 year (Required)