Sabah International Incorporated, a Division of Sciens Building Solutions, is seeking an Apprentice Fire Sprinkler Service Technician to provide services of all forms of fire sprinkler systems and components. This person will service various locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. This is a key position for our growing team and requires attention to detail in all aspects of NFPA-based fire sprinkler systems. The ability to problem solve and communicate effectively with Designers, Project Managers, Building Engineers and General Contractors is an integral part of this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with testing and inspecting fire alarm or fire sprinkler systems, such as automatic wet, manual, pre-action, deluge, dry standpipe, and fire pumps.
- Learn to operate power hand tools, pipe thread machine, pipe groove machines and all other tools and equipment necessary to perform both inspections and service sprinkler repairs.
- Ability to manage job scheduling and job progress in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a strong focus on quality.
- Obtain knowledge of fire industry and NFPA codes & standards, as well as OSHA safety standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Valid driver’s license, and a dependable means of transportation to the place where classroom job related instruction is conducted.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to use trade appropriate tools to perform daily pipe fitting duties efficiently and safely.
- Be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the apprenticeship program, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of yourself or others.
- Must be able to pass a written math and language test with a total score of 70% or better and a 70% or better in the math category.
- Enroll, participate and complete apprenticeship training, which requires 9,000 hours of on-the-job training and classroom training.
- Commercial Fire Sprinkler Fitter Certification must be attained upon completion of apprenticeship program.
- Excellent organizational, decision-making and communication skills.
- Education and/or training relative to the field.
- Mechanical system knowledge and experience.
- Ability to read and use an electrical multi-meter.
- Experience in the commercial / industrial construction industry.
- NICET certification.
- Willingness to commute to various required site locations.
Job Type: Full-time