Desired Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Minimum of 6-10 years of mechanical design of HVAC and plumbing systems for building structures.
- Responsibilities will include site investigation, code review, calculations, energy modeling, preparation of construction documents, and start-up/functional testing oversight and documentation for equipment and systems.
- Knowledge of national, state and local codes as they pertain to HVAC and plumbing building systems.
- Ability to lead the mechanical aspects of multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Ability to work on a team with opportunities for growth into management.
- Ability to manage mechanical staff as needed
- Strong business development and networking skills is a plus
- PE preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
Summary of Benefits
- Laid back, friendly, fun work atmosphere.
- Casual Dress
- Collaborative Teaming and Creativity
- Life insurance and disability insurance premiums paid in full by AEI
- 3% safe harbor contribution of compensation by AEI.
- Discretionary 401K profit sharing
- Discretionary 100% matching of 401K employee contributions up to 4% of pay
- Health Savings Account matching contributions by AEI
- Flexible savings account paid by AEI to help with out of pocket health costs
- Vacation: 2 paid weeks of vacation in first year of employment
- Paid Holidays as outlined in the employee manual (approx. 10 annually)
- Personal time: Up to 3 days per year
- Health and Dental insurance – with generous supplement toward premiums by Allied
- Company Cell phone for eligible positions
- Bonuses: shall be discretionary based on company profits
- Flexible work schedule for eligible positions
- Convenient Portland location with onsite parking
Job Type: Full-time
- Mechanical Engineering: 6 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Flexible schedules