YCI Methanol One, LLC has an opening for a Compliance & Ethics Officer. This position will be located at YCI’s facility in St. James, LA and will report to the Vice President of Manufacturing.
YCI Methanol One, LLC is indirectly owned by Koch Methanol Investments, LLC and Yuhuang Chemical Industries, Inc. Koch Methanol Investments, LLC is a wholly owned, indirect subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc.
The Compliance & Ethics Officer is responsible for a wide range of activities involving program development and implementation, employee training, investigations, and all other matters involving compliance and ethics. The position works closely with the leadership team, as well as the subject matter experts of the company. He/she communicates with all levels of the organization on a daily basis and therefore is to be a professional representative of the company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Leadership Team in driving a culture that prioritizes integrity, safety, compliance, and stewardship.
- Assists employees in understanding their role in achieving compliance and ethics outcomes through communications, formal training design and delivery, development of employee tip tools, and responsiveness to employee concerns and questions.
- Executes and documents an annual comprehensive Risk Assessment inclusive of all compliance, EHSS, and financial controls topics, and which addresses both inherent and residual risk.
- Maintains a comprehensive Compliance Program including Code of Conduct, Compliance and Ethics Program Document, and necessary Compliance Policies, Standards, Procedures, and Processes. Collaborates with subject matter experts (environmental, safety, CFO, HR etc.) to ensure all relevant risks are addressed through proper control strategies. Assists leadership and employees in the implementation of all requirements.
- Designs and executes a role and risk-based employee training program, onboarding process, and training tracking system.
- Oversight of compliance change management, including regulatory change and regulatory applicability analysis. Ensures all required tasks, including regulatory submittals, are tracked in a system to assure compliance. Solicits appropriate subject matter expertise, such as external consultants and legal, as necessary for regulatory interpretation.
- Champions “Stop, Think, Ask” culture, providing an open door for employee questions and concerns, executing observation walk-abouts, employee recognition program etc.
- Develops and executes an annual Audit and Assurance plan, in collaboration with subject matter experts and with input from the Compliance Committee, utilizing external resources as appropriate. Implements a formal closure tracking system that tracks allegations, incidents, audits, and all findings.
- Maintains a documented allegations oversight program, oversees the investigation of all incidents and allegations, and executes investigations when appropriate. Utilizes outside counsel as appropriate to accomplish objectives and manage risk.
- Keeps required information confidential and only informs the necessary parties.
- Reports all safety, environmental and operational incidents in a timely manner using established documentation and reporting tools provided by YCI.
- Acts in a manner in accordance with YCI outlined safety policies, procedures, business principles, and code of conduct.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Engineering, or other Business field required.
- 3 years’ direct experience implementing Compliance & Ethics programs OR
- 5 years’ direct experience in Risk/Control or EHS positions with at least 1 year of experience implementing corporate compliance processes & procedures
- Experience identifying and overseeing external subject matter experts (i.e. consultants) required.
- Experience in a plant/operations facility required.
There are opportunities available within this role for a candidate that also has a Juris Doctor degree. Although a Juris Doctor degree is not required, the role may be leveraged differently if filled by a candidate meeting this qualification.
- Knowledge of the elements of an effective compliance and ethics program, including the use of a code of conduct, risk assessments, control strategies, training methodologies, and auditing is required. Implementation experience in the elements, including implementation of a Code of Conduct, is preferred.
- Knowledge of general US regulatory framework, and specific knowledge in some areas of compliance or EHS risk required (such as government ethics, intellectual property, customs, antitrust, environmental, etc).
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- Proficiency in MS Office required (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to perform investigations and incident root cause analysis (previous hands on experience preferred)
- Ability to develop and build relationships with the leadership team and senior management; be respected by his/her peers
- Ability to report and summarize information to senior level managers
- Ability to collaborate across a wide range of employee roles and execute effective interpretative judgment
- Ability to drive progress and ensure accountability across all levels and departments of the organization
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to manage conflict and have difficult conversations when necessary
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee often is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance