The demand for our benefits administration software is continuing to grow and so is the need for dedicated Solution Architects. Your proven experience with ensure we understand the commercial customer’s business needs, architect/design great solutions and ensure our delivery teams succeed!
Established in 1977, basys is a leading provider of technology solutions and consulting services in the highly complex, regulated benefit administration software industry. The position is based at our Halethorpe, MD headquarters, which is located just south of Baltimore. However,we are flexible for those who enjoy some telecommuting. Our customers are located throughout the country, so occasional short travel to customers will be required.
- Review customer's business processes through analysis of existing system or processes, facilitate meetings with customer (JAD sessions) to establish high level process flows, UX components and design for customer approval.
- Effectively communicate the architecture and design of the proposed solution to the development team using appropriate diagrams, documentation, whiteboard sessions etc.
- Produce accurate and detailed estimates by working with other technical team members and business analysts.
- Architect scalable, secure and extensible solutions to accommodate needs of the business using either the basys’ enterprise application, solution extensions or integration with third party solutions.
- Establish design patterns and reusable frameworks with a goal to eliminate complexity, increase efficiency and lower overall software development costs and cost-of-ownership
- Perform buy vs. build analysis and/or integrate with 3rd party solutions, wherever necessary
- Collaborate with other teams within organization, mainly with Solution Analysts, Project Managers, Engineers and Business Analysts
- Embrace Agile-SCRUM environment with corresponding sprint cycles and work products
- 10+ years of Application/Solution Architecture experience on Agile software development projects
- 5+ years working directly with external non-government customers on design solutioning
- Experience with Microsoft .Net application development stack (including C# programming language) is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to translate technical terminology,concepts, and issues in terms understandable to both technical and non-technical resources
Apply today to learn more about how you might delight customers with technology solutions of your own design which are practical, secure and reliable.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Solution Architect, Enterprise Architect, Software Designer, Application Architect
Job Type: Full-time
- External non-government: 5 years (Required)
- Architecture: 10 years (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development assistance