Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory and reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360® and GuardantOMNI® , for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR program, which aims to address the needs of early stage cancer patients with neoadjuvant and adjuvant treatment selection, cancer survivors with surveillance, asymptomatic individuals eligible for cancer screening and individuals at a higher risk for developing cancer with early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360® has been used by more than 7,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies and all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatment, the Technology Development Team is seeking a highly motivated Associate Director to oversee Genotyping assay development at Guardant Health. As an Associate Director of Genotyping Assays, you will lead the group responsible for developing and deploying cutting edge diagnostic NGS assays in a regulated environment. The incumbent will need to work cross-functionally and potentially lead development efforts including members of bioinformatics, quality, regulatory affairs, operations, and clinical development. Success in this role requires the ability to think strategically and deeply about assay biochemistry approaches and drive the development towards innovative and scalable solutions. Ability to provide guidance on experimental design, as well as an ability and willingness to engage with the details of experimental execution including the subsequent analysis and interpretation are essential. The ideal candidate will combine strong leadership capability with strong communication skills, experience working under design control, and a deep technical understanding of NGS assays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Lead a team of Ph.D. scientists and research associates to expand the capabilities of the genotyping platform by devising and executing experiments to support projects from research through development and transfer to operations
● Work closely with team leads in engineering, bioinformatics, operations, and software development to define and meet project objectives
● Support capacity expansion and staffing increase to match company growth
● Be highly committed to delivering results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing organization
● Able to manage multiple projects and workstreams for the genotyping assay development team, including assessment of workload and resourcing requirements to deliver the teams objectives
● Be committed to train, mentor, and develop scientific staff
● Ensure learnings and best practices are shared across the organization
● Strong leadership capabilities and the ability to lead multiple projects through a complex development program is required
● Demonstrated evidence of successful development of innovative nucleic acid-based assays, with a strong preference for development of sequencing-based genomic assays
● Experience with data analysis of large data sets, preferably in-depth analysis of NGS data using analysis packages such as R, Python, or JMP
● Successful in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary, dynamic, and result-oriented work environment
● Consummate team player:
demonstrated ability to contribute in an environment where numerous inputs are required to accomplish complex goals
● Curiosity and drive
● Handles tight timelines and stress in a constructive manner
● A sense of humor is a must
● Experience growing a team to meet company growth objectives preferred
● Demonstrated ability to organize and communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner to cross-functional audiences
● Understanding of IVD design control, CLIA/CAP guidelines, ISO13485/15189 guidelines is would be beneficial
Education and experience:
- The ideal candidate will have Ph.D. with a minimum of 8 years of industry experience or M.S with a minimum of 12 years of industry experience. Advanced degrees in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Bioengineering, Molecular Biology or Genetics preferred
- A minimum of 3 years in a leadership role managing scientists
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at:
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.