Turner, Stone & Company, LLP is a public accounting firm established in 1984 located in Dallas, Texas. We have a well-established reputation for providing quality services to the federal, publicly-traded and private sector entities, which includes providing assurance, tax, and financial services.
While the firm may be based in Texas, our clients are located in a variety of states as well as internationally. Our client base is broadly diversified and includes companies/organizations in the following industries and disciplines: oil & gas exploration and production, energy services, services, non-profit, healthcare, real estate, governmental entities, and employee benefit plans. We are currently seeking full-time, Staff Auditors to join our team.
- Leads engagement teams to ensure timely completion of engagements
- Recognizes potential problem areas in specific engagements and discusses them with engagement team and client
- Performs detailed audit procedures on financial statement account balances, prepares and adjusts workpapers from clients’ trial balance
- Identifies potential management letter comments
- Researches accounting issues
- Leads the engagement planning process under direct supervision from the engagement partner
- Performs other accounting, auditing, and consulting duties as needed in engagements and as assigned
- Performs procedures for more complicated segments of audit and accounting engagements
- Develop and train staff auditors Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; advanced degree preferred
- Five or more years audit experience in the commercial, governmental, non-profit sectors or benefit plan audit experience a plus; public accounting experience preferred
- Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles; knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting software programs
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Holds a current and valid certified public accountant’s license
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Some travel may be required Benefits
Excellent benefits package to include major medical, dental, vision, long and short-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid parking, company paid licenses, professional dues and continuing professional education of 40 hours per year.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- auditing: 5 years (Preferred)
- accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance