Sims-Lohman is a family-owned distributor of cabinets and fabricator of granite and quartz countertops. Our legacy of developing trusted relationships within the building industry has helped our business evolve and grow over the last 49 years. This is a fantastic time to join our team. We have consistently ranked among the fastest growing companies in America on the Inc. 5000 list. We provide our Team Members a competitive salary and benefit package including: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverages and a 401(k) plan.
If you have skills similar to auto body, detailing, buffing, sanding, polishing, etc. Please apply we have competitive pay, benefits, vacation, sick days, holidays, quarterly bonuses and profit sharing pay. MUST be able to pass a drug screen.
Summary: Prepare Molds, move equipment, assist in preparation of ingredients for pouring the marble into molds for hardening into various items.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use hand tools in the preparation and cleaning of molds for application of marble.
- Move ingredients into position and assist in the mixing process.
- Use pneumatic polishing gun to shape and polish stone.
- Accurately read and understand shop drawings and job specific paperwork.
- Check that vanity tops were cut correctly by checking against physical templates and taking measurements to compare to shop drawings.
- Uses a tape measure to accurately measure and mark work before cutting notches and radii.
- Using power polishers, buff finished marble tops and back splashes in preparation for inspection and preparation for shipment to end user.
- At the end of the day and various times throughout the day will clean the work areas he has worked in to ensure cleanliness and safe work conditions are maintained.
- Will perform minor maintenance on tools and equipment to ensure safe and effective operation.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as shop drawings, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but un-involved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred but NOT required; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- 10 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
Face masks required of all customers and employees.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Polisher: 1 year (Required)
- Finisher/Sander: 1 year (Required)
- Auto body repair
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place