Puffenbarger Insurance and Financial Services, Inc. is a three-generation firm dedicated to helping customers in DC, Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Maryland, West Virginia, Delaware, Tennessee, and Pennsylvania become better off by providing expert solutions for their insurance and financial needs. Please see our website for more details: https://pinsfs.com/
Come join our independent agency! We have almost a dozen carriers for underwriting, giving you a wide variety of options for every customer. Fully remote work available if you have the right insurance experience.
- You have captive insurance agency experience and are ready for more variety
- You want to help people out without the high pressure of impossible sales goals
- You’re ready to get out of the call center environment and away from timed calls
- You’d like to keep your own sales instead of sending them to another department
- You are tired of commuting to DC!
- You’re looking for an agency where you can actually learn and grow.
- You want the security of a broker who’s got your back and is looking out for your best interests.
- You want the opportunity to create real relationships with your clients.
- You’d like the opportunity to be rewarded for your upbeat, high-energy, and positive attitude.
- You’re looking for a company where you’re supported every day instead of being thrown to the wolves
Multiple positions available.
As an Insurance Specialist, your mission is to provide world class customer service while learning the ins and outs of the insurance industry.
Pay rate is $35,000 to $55,000 plus commissions
Insurance Specialist Expectations:
- Manage insurance renewal accounts
- Manage new insurance accounts through the underwriting process
- Develop knowledge of various commercial insurance carriers and their products
- Assist in the insurance claims process
- Assist clients through the insurance audit process
- Positive and proactive communication with prospects, insurance underwriters, and internal staff
- Provide a world class experience over the life of the customer
Insurance Specialist Skills and Experience:
- Enjoys speaking with prospective and current customers
- Able to assess customer needs and assign appropriate internal action
- Tech savvy... flip phones need not apply
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experienced proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Comfortable using electronic communication, storage, etc. (Google Drive, Microsoft Outlook, proprietary software)
- Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree a plus
- 1-2 year’s industry experience or relevant experience preferred
- Property & Casualty License preferred (will need to obtain within 30 days)
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, reliable vehicle
- Ability to pass a background check
How To Apply:
- Click the "Apply Now" button
- Tell me about a recent favorite customer interaction
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Insurance Industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Property & Casualty License (Preferred)
Company's Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19