Our Medford, OR location is a Mack and Volvo heavy-duty franchise truck dealership with a large truck inventory. We host a busy parts department and Certified Uptime service center with Mack, Volvo, and Cummins certified technicians on staff. We have a full-time opportunity for a Diesel Technician/Mechanic to join our team and help enable TEC to continue delivering on our customer commitment - to gain customer loyalty by providing exceptional service.
We offer in-house advanced-training opportunities - we are the only dealership in North America that is able to conduct all Mack/Volvo training up to the master tech certification within our in house Training Centers. We cover travel costs for our technicians to attend training. We also offer an in-house tool program and a family-oriented work environment.
To apply: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/TEC1002TECEQ/JobBoard/38163064-a0d4-5c1e-5637-b7156f3b7e60/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=336e9601-2c1d-4312-8f8c-42786cb14c64
Schedule: Tuesday through Friday 10:30am - 7pm; Saturday 8am - 4:30pm
Our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 24/7 Virtual Doctor Visits
- Life, Accident, and Disability Insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with a Company Contribution
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Length of Service Recognition Program
- Referral Bonus Program
- Tobacco-Free Program
- CDL License and Medical Review Fee
- Uniforms and Cleaning Service
- Steel-Toed Boot and Tool Program
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
- Conduct thorough inspections and diagnostic tests to troubleshoot issues and ensure vehicle in proper operating condition.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance services.
- Identify worn and damaged parts (all parts to include major components such as engines and transmissions), repairing, adjusting, or replacing as needed.
- Verify vehicle performance by conducting test drives and adjusting controls and systems.
- Contain costs by following warranty guidelines and evaluating parts and service options.
- Maintain vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Maintain safe and organized work area; keep shop equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventative maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Follow all state and federal vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards; follow company policies, procedures, and safety and EPA regulations. Must use all safety equipment necessary for the job.
- Maintain current knowledge of job and technical skills by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical and regulation publications.
- AA in Diesel Technology desired
- Practical experience in commercial class 8 truck repair field
- Must have own hand tools and be proficient in use of all tools of trade
- Proficient in the repair and diagnosis of: diesel engines; power train to include differentials, transmissions, clutches, and drive shafts; electrical systems, HVAC systems, hydraulic systems, steering systems, and brakes
- Basic computer skills to input vehicle maintenance records and diagnosis equipment
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job in safe and alert manner (job requires frequent lifting/moving, climbing, stooping, kneeling, seeing, grasping, etc.)
- Valid driver's license
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for positions that require driving are contingent upon passing MVR record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Diesel Mechanic: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)