Cone Health, Triad Hospitalists -Triad Neuro Hospitalists
Yes | FTE: 1.000000 (40 hours/week) | Schedule: Weekends and one weekday | On Call: NO
Provides direct care to patients on the Stroke and Neurohospitalist service.
- Graduate of NP or PA educational Program
- Degree in process with defined graduation date may be considered
1 year clinical experience specific to care of neurology patients
- PA certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- NP/RN – NP certification thru American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the National Certification Corporation (NCC)
- Valid NC RN and NP License
- NP Certification in specialty area
- Current DEA registration
- BLS (CPR) – AHA Health Care Provider BLS
- Able to bend, stoop and lift items of 5-30 pounds of weight
- Coordinate and organize work
- Complete project work
- Self – directed and able to function independently
- Operate personal computer and word processing program
- Communicate via telephone and other automation vehicles.
- Visualize computer screens, medical record forms, and equipment screens
- Manual dexterity to operate computer
- Sufficiently mobile to move around building
- Physical job demands may be subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- Basic knowledge of computers/data entry and retrieval
- Must pass medical terminology/coding assessment given in Human Resources.
Hear and differentiate low volume sounds in order to make judgments regarding actions needed
Hear alarm bells, verbal conversations, telephone voices and normal volume sounds
Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
(Occurs up to two-thirds of the time)
Exposure to bloodborne pathogens
Hazardous waste and/or toxic/caustic chemicals
Fumes or airborne particles
PATIENT POPULATION SERVED:
Cone Health serves the following patient populations:
Neonate (< 1 month)
Pediatric (1 month to < 13 years)
Adolescent (13 years to < 18 years)
Adult (18 years to < 66 years)
Geriatric (66 + years)
Specific age groups are listed in the departmental Scope of Service, if applicable.
RESPIRATOR FIT TESTING REQUIRED:
PATIENT CARE ACTIVITIES:
MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Provides direct care to patients on the Triad Neurohospitalist Service when needed in collaboration with the Neurohospitalist on-call; responds to stroke emergencies in the ED; rounds on patients
- Provides direct care to patients on the Stroke Service when needed
- Obtains medical history and physical data on patients; reviews patient records.
- Interprets and integrates data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures needed.
- Performs physical exams and records findings; establishes presumptive diagnoses.
- Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
- Synthesizes data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan.
- Assists with management of patients.
- Collaborates with other members of the health care team to ensure continuity of care for patients.
- Coordinates discharge planning of the patient in collaboration with care management.
- Provides education for the patient and family regarding diagnosis, treatment and follow-up care.
- Follows approved protocols to guide practice; demonstrates critical thinking and diagnostic reasoning skills in clinical decision-making.
- Performs independent evaluations and treatment procedures in emergency situations.
- Selects and recommends diagnostic and therapeutic interventions with consideration of efficacy, safety and cost.
Performs daily rounds on patients admitted into the department’s service. Consistently performs daily rounds in such a manner that meets or exceeds patient care needs and physician satisfaction.
Responds to critical or emergency care alerts within the hospital units. Consistently responds to emergent and critical alerts. Is responsive to supervising physician directives and orders, allowing for least amount of disruption to daily rounds.
Ensures continuity of care for patients, maintaining communication with the attending physician. Manages requests and notifications by pager and by phone, including necessary new orders for medications and other patient needs. Consistently coordinates patient care and manages communications in such a manner that meets or exceeds patient care needs and physician satisfaction.
Provides assessment of patients and coordinates their care with the attending and referring physicians. Consistently performs complete and accurate patient assessments that require little to no physician rework. Consistently assesses patients in such a manner that meets or exceeds patient care needs and physician satisfaction.
Reviews lab results, x-rays, and other test results with physicians, and organizes information for rounds. Consistently performs complete and accurate review of patient results. Consistently reviews and communicates results in such a manner that meets or exceeds patient care needs and physician satisfaction.
Under the guidelines of state and federal licensing, and according to hospital policies, performs patient procedures as ordered by the physicians. Consistently performs patient procedures with skill in such a manner that meets or exceeds patient care needs and physician satisfaction.
Serves as a point of contact for inpatient activities for nursing staff and physicians regarding admissions and discharges. Consistently coordinates admissions and discharges and manages communications in such a manner that meets or exceeds patient care needs and physician satisfaction. Actions have a positive impact on patient LOS.
Participates in cross coverage sign outs with physicians when appropriate. Consistently coordinates and communicates between shifts in such a manner that meets or exceeds patient care needs and physician satisfaction.
Assist in reviewing and collecting data for use in quality improvement and for monitoring outcomes. Consistently provides support in review and collection of data. Responds to requests for data as needed.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Annual flu shot
- Annual TB test (if applicable to your job location)
- Annual HLCs (Healthstream, formerly CBL)-Safety at Work and Corporate Compliance
- Maintain licensure/certification/registry/listing (if applicable to your job)
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation.
o I will create and engage in conversations of possibility.
o I will be open to innovation and creativity.
o I will listen to understand.
o I will bring ideas for solutions and be open to alternative ideas.
o I will be open to constructive feedback.
o I will not engage or listen to negativity or gossip.
o I will be positive when speaking about Cone Health, my department, and my coworkers.
o I will be approachable.
o I will focus on behaviors, not the person, during conflict.
o I will honor my word.
o I will do what I say when I say I will.
o I will “clean it up” when I can’t keep my word.
o I will honor my work agreement.
o I will be “on the court” instead of “in the stands.”
o I will follow up in a timely manner on commitments and requests.
o I will apologize when someone experiences less than excellent service.
o I will take responsibility for my actions, decisions and performance.
o I will protect patient safety (best practices:
ex – hand hygiene).
o I will assume the best of intentions and embrace differences.
o I will collaborate and seek other people’s input.
o I will demonstrate courtesy, compassion, and respect with my tone of voice and body language.
o I will speak positively about Cone Health – managing up coworkers, physicians, departments, patients and visitors.
o I will ask the person directly involved when I don’t know.
o I will include diverse skills, abilities, strengths, and backgrounds to create better outcomes.
o I will care for myself while also respecting others.
o I will own it, solve it, and celebrate it!
o I will offer solutions when problems are identified.
o I will share my input for decisions by participating in forums such as shared governance, town halls, employee engagement survey, brown bag discussions, employee councils, staff meetings, or directly with my manager.
o I will take charge and do the right thing at the right time.
o I will make decisions keeping a balance of service, quality, and cost in mind.
o I will demonstrate Cone Health values.
o I will seek opportunities to celebrate and have fun.
o I will recognize good work.
JOB DESCRIPTION ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
I have seen and reviewed the job description in its completed form and understand that I will be required to perform all functions listed if hired for this position. I recognize that, if hired, it is my responsibility to notify my manager as soon as possible if I am unable to perform any of the functions of my position for any reason. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.