ThompsonGas, LLC., the 12th largest propane retailer in the United States, is seeking a Vice President of Supply to work in ThompsonGas’ corporate headquarters located in Frederick, MD. The position will report to the CFO. The position will manage all fuel product supply and distribution activity throughout the company. The Vice President of Supply will be a key contributor to the company’s senior management team. The Vice President of Supply responsibilities include:
- Lead all aspects of day-to-day fuel products supply and distribution operations to assure all company locations are adequately supplied with fuel products at optimal pricing.
- Lead and negotiate all contracts with national and regional propane and distillate fuel suppliers.
- Lead and negotiate all contracts with common carriers and railcar companies.
- Lead and negotiate all contracts relating to the company’s supply cost hedging activities.
- Proactive analysis and timely deliver all internal fuel pricing analytics and communications to the company’s leadership.
- Partner with the company’s leadership on overall retail and specific key customer pricing strategies.
- Lead, hire and develop Supply and Distribution department team members.
- Establishes, monitors and enforces financial policies, procedures, and internal controls as it relates to fuel product supply and distribution.
- Evaluate best practices and diligently seek and find efficiencies in managing supply costs
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A bachelor's degree in Business or related degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in corporate fuel products supply and distribution environment.
- Experience in retail energy and gas, specifically propane industry, preferred.
- Selected candidate must be a natural leader capable of motivating others.
- Advanced system skills and experience with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel) required.
- Problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Experience with fast growing companies (with demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic environment).
- Honesty, integrity and exceptional communication skills are a must along with a sense of urgency, strength of conviction, a level head, and a desire to work closely as a partner with other members of the company’s management team.
ThompsonGas offers competitive pay, benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, & Life), Wellness Program with incentives, 401(k) plan with a company match, paid holidays, sick and vacation time.
ThompsonGas provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ThompsonGas complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
- Distribution: 5 years (Required)