The Flats at East West is currently looking for a Maintenance Technician to join the team! The Flats at East West is a 240-bed property located at the East-West University. If you are interested in joining the Peak Team as a Maintenance Technician, respond to this post or stop by our office to apply!
The Flats at East West
829 S Wabash Avenue
Chicago, IL 60605
To apply online: https://external-peakcampus.icims.com/jobs/5715/maintenance-technician/job?mode=view
As a maintenance technician, you will perform a variety of maintenance tasks necessary to maintain and enhance the value of apartment community in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
- Maintain an excellent customer service relationship by adhering to the Peak Simply Service Standards
- Ensure all service requests and repairs are completed thoroughly and in a timely manner
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor with monitoring inventory of equipment, tools, parts and supplies at appropriate levels
- Work with Maintenance Supervisor to maintain an effective preventative maintenance program
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor with maintaining a hazard communications program
- Inspect grounds, buildings, and other community features as required to minimize liability concerns
- Work with maintenance team to ensure excellent curb appeal at all times
- Assist residents with the move-in/move-out process as needed
- Assist with the scheduling and performance of all maintenance/repair-related turn events
- Perform other maintenance/repair work as directed by Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor
- Participate in on-call rotation for emergency service
- Perform additional tasks and responsibilities as required
- No specific level of education is required. High school diploma or equivalent preferred. The position requires the ability to accurately perform basic mathematical functions.
- Must live within 30 miles of the assigned property.
- Must have reliable transportation due to the emergency on-call requirement
- EPA certification Type I and II
- Other licenses and certifications as required by local, state or federal law
- Position requires individuals to be able to use general maintenance equipment including, but not limited to, hand tools, ladders, refrigerant recovery units, landscaping equipment, and required safety equipment
- All equipment must be used without jeopardizing the safety of themselves, fellow associates, and residents
- Appropriate safety equipment and apparel must be worn including proper footwear (work boots)
Requires frequent lifting and moving of up to 75 pounds when using machinery and equipment for essential maintenance tasks, including but not limited to installing outside air conditioning units. Requires frequent bending and/or stooping to access equipment and machinery necessary for essential maintenance tasks. Also requires frequent use of ladders and stepladders to access equipment and machinery necessary for essential maintenance tasks.
Job ID: 2018-5715
Job Type: Full-time