At Shields, we pride ourselves on our culture of inclusion and kindness and the difference we make in patients' lives every day. We are tremendously proud to be certified as a 'Great Place to Work' two years in a row. In 2022, we were awarded US Fortune Best Workplaces in Health Care™, Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ & Fortune Best Workplaces for Women™.
Improving lives and elevating performance are at the heart of everything we do. That's why more health system leaders trust Shields to elevate access, outcomes and growth within specialty pharmacy — delivering value throughout the entire health system. Leveraging our proven Shields Performance Platform – we deliver the financial results that health systems demand and the superior outcomes patients deserve. With the foremost leaders in specialty pharmacy on our team; proven success partnering with more than 70 health systems; and a vested interest in delivering measurable results – we are the partner health systems trust to transform their specialty pharmacy into a powerful growth engine and elevate performance where it matters most.
The successful candidate will provide integrated support to patients and pharmacists by providing a 'hands-on" approach to total quality patient care through the delivery of a full continuum of medication adherence support. We are seeking a highly motivated, self-starter who is looking for an exciting career path with a fast-growing company in the specialty pharmacy management services. Candidates MUST be nationally certified and registered as a technician with the State of employment. We are seeking a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) with extensive experience.
- Interpret and enter prescriptions.
- Clarify prescription orders with pharmacist and/or clinician as appropriate.
- Label and fill prescriptions for the pharmacist to verify.
- Perform pharmaceutical calculations.
- Identifies medications requiring special storage and/or handling such as hazardous medications and/or refrigerated medication.
- Identify and assembling supplies necessary for select medications such sharps containers, needles/syringes, alcohol swabs, Band-Aids.
- Prepares medication for delivery to patients and departments.
- Answers, resolves, and triages inbound inquiries.
- Provides outbound therapy/medication adherence check-ups.
- Secures refill prescriptions.
- Resolves insurance related issues and assists patients with various forms of financial assistance.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory including drug ordering and receiving.
- Communicate directly with patients over the phone to assist them in the awareness of their medications.
- Achieve operational objectives by inputting data, performing adjudication on test claims and preparing action plans for follow-up.
- Manage, organize, and update relevant data using database applications.
- Apply observations and recommendations to operational issues, increased productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Identify trends, resolves problems; recommend improvements; implements change.
- Actively participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Acts as a value-added business partner to stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills: strong phone skills, highly proficient in Microsoft Office particularly Excel and Word; able to quickly learn other database programs and able to extract relevant information; strong organizational and interpersonal skills a must
Traits: Organized, high-integrity, attention to detail, dependable, quality focus, empathetic, good listener/communicator
Other: energetic, highly motivated, team player with strong personal and communication skills; discretion and confidentiality essential as position deals with highly sensitive and private data
Required Licensure/Certification: We are seeking experienced pharmacy technicians who are registered with the State of employment and nationally certified as a CPhT or equivalent. Should certification need to be obtained for a particular state or updated at the time of employment, the applicant will commit to obtaining the required certification within a mutually agreed upon timeframe. Continued employment is contingent upon meeting these requirements.
Years of Experience: Required 1+ years, Preferred 5+ years' experience as a Pharmacy Technician
Education: High school diploma or GED required
Shields Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.