Sun Mountain, LLC is based in Walnut Creek, CA. The company currently manages energy projects and is vying for infrastructure projects as well. Sun Mountain capabilities include program managers for general and specialized construction projects, including cost and schedule control. The company’s core values are transparency, close working relationships, knowledge sharing and quality.
This position is responsible for completing/coordinating pre and post job reviews and overseeing and assisting the management of the work prior to and throughout construction. Assist with or complete the following tasks, including but not limited to: call in USA tickets, order material, initiate Requests for Information (RFI’s) for drawing clarifications, track project costs, submit change orders, schedule jobs, assist in strength testing, perform Strength Test Pressure Report (STPR) calculations, submit gas operational change notices.
Contract employee expected to travel. This may involve attending pre-construction meetings with other departments and/or outside jurisdictional agencies/contractors. Also, this position may support crews during construction, such as coordinating shutdowns, ensuring material type is correct, and performing hydrostatic tests. When the work is completed this position will be responsible for closing out estimates, completing post construction checks, along with reviewing all Regional As-Built drawings for 100% accuracy. Some assistance is required to the Scheduling group when scheduling out the work.This is a DOT covered classification and subject to random drug testing.Travel is estimated to be about 70% of the time with some overnight stays.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Construction disciplines.
- Must have minimal 3 yr construction experience
- Must have EXCELLENT communication and customer service skills
- Must possess a valid California Driver's License
- Pipeline construction experience
- Previous experience as QA/QC Field Engineer
- CAD, MS Office, Bluebeam, SAP experience.
- Provides technical and engineering services
- Conduct job reviews, pre-check jobs, do USA markings & request, site surveys
- Coordinate schedule customer shutdowns
- Investigate customer/3rd party issues pertaining to General Construction projects
- Support General Construction Supervisor with daily routine issues regarding construction of jobs
- Close out estimates, complete post-construction checks, complete as-built and review contractor invoices
- Work with Schedulers when planning out construction of projects
- Uses computer to do research and to write proposals, correspondence and e-mail; compiles, copies, files and mails reports; uses phone, copier, scanner, fax machines; reproduces maps, plans, diagrams and drawings; specs out and orders supplies and materials; prepares service orders
- Communicates with supervisors, public officials, general public and customers regarding project plans, designs, identified problems, proposed solutions & estimated time frames; Communicates with construction foremen, engineers, inspectors, estimators and mappers; communicates with other departments involved with project
- Makes field sketches and prepares layouts for construction of gas or electric systems; uses handwriting and computer to record: locations, dimensions, identified problems, proposed layouts, construction plans, time frames, and as-built drawings
- Makes field sketches and prepares layouts for construction of gas or electric systems
- Visits sites to evaluate issues of access and existing facilities
- Reviews all regional As-Built packages for 100% accuracy
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- QA/QC Pipeline Field: 3 years (Required)