Resident Services Counselor
Community Housing Partnership seeks a creative, engaging, and caring professional to oversee programming for a mix of formerly homeless families and single adults in San Francisco. Supervised by the Resident Services Manager, and working in conjunction with the site-based Resident Services Team Lead, the Resident Services Counselor (RSC) is responsible for implementing and maintaining the day-to-day operations of the site-based Resident Services office. Responsible for service connection, groups and activities focused on community building, education, or skill development, crisis intervention, and housing retention. All services are provided within the context of harm reduction and within a Housing First model.
· Create a warm and welcoming environment in the resident services office.· Provide housing retention services.
- Provide service connection services.
- Support implementation of resident service plans.
- Coordinate/implement three weekly activities/groups focused on community building, skill building, and resident empowerment.
- Provide services to residents using harm reduction principles.
- Provide crisis intervention, conflict resolution and de-escalation services to residents.
- Complete documentation per agency policy.
- Participate in meetings and organizational initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two years of experience in the provision of social services, preferably in a supportive housing environment or equivalent experience working with homeless individuals and those experiencing substance use, mental health issues, and/or chronic medical issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Ability to provide effective services to diverse populations.
- Excellent computer skills (Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Salesforce or other cloud based database).
- Experience in crisis intervention, conflict resolution, and de-escalation.
- Experience in organizing groups, group facilitation and group development.
- Familiarity with community resources and service programs.
- Strong interest in doing social justice advocacy.
- Desired qualification: Fluency in Spanish/Mandarin/Cantonese/Russian a plus.
- Valid phone number required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularlyrequired to sit at their desk for long period,use hands to finger forcomputer keyboard input,handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand;walk up and down stairs,climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Mobility to use standard office equipment, including computer, vision to read printed materials, and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- There are no unusual environmental conditions. Typically, the noise level in the work environment is usuallymoderately noisy.
Required Education, Credentials & Licensure:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Two years of experience in the provision of social services or equivalent experience.
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Full-Time / Non-Exempt status
- Rate: 17.85/hr. + possible bi-lingual premium ($18.35/hr.)
- Office Hours: Tuesday-Saturday or Sunday-Thursday schedule, includes evening hours·
- Union: This position is under the collective bargaining agreement with SEIU 1021
- Reports to: Resident Services Manager or Program Director
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. CHP provides an excellent benefits package, including 100% employer paid employee health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance; commuter benefits; 403(b) investment opportunity; Employee Assistance Program; paid training; paid vacation; 13 paid holidays; and sick time.
To apply for this position, please visit our Community Housing Partnership Career Portal at http://www.chp-sf.org/about/apply-for-job-opportunities/. Once there select the job posting, and click APPLY located in the right hand corner.
Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. Due to the number of applications we receive, we are only able to respond to candidates selected for interviews.
Job Type: Full-time