For full details on the program including how to submit, please visit: https://www.colorado.edu/postdoctoralaffairs/current-postdocs/chancellors-postdoctoral-fellowship-diversity-program
The University of Colorado Boulder’s (CU Boulder) Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Fellowship for Diversity Program seeks to enhance the diversity* of CU Boulder’s academic community by attracting researchers and scholars from a variety of backgrounds, races, ethnicities and historically excluded populations. Accordingly, the program is open to all persons who meet the eligibility criteria without regard to race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation or identity, religion, irreligion, age, marital or family status.
All applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents and have a completed doctorate or other terminal degree before July 1, 2022 at the time of application. Applicants who have completed their doctoral or other terminal degree within the last three years are eligible if they are preparing for a career in university research, scholarship or creative work. Faculty mentors should be tenured or tenure-track faculty at CU Boulder.
The one-year Fellowship provides a salary of $50,000 - $60,000, depending on the field and experience level. In rare circumstances, one-year renewals may be offered, subject to funding availability and approval. The fellowship offers an additional $5,000 in professional development funding for the fellowship duration. The fellowship includes medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance benefits.
Application Process and Requirements
The materials below are required for submission. Full details on how to submit are here: https://www.colorado.edu/postdoctoralaffairs/current-postdocs/chancellors-postdoctoral-fellowship-diversity-program
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal Statement (4-page, 2,000-word maximum, single-spaced) including:
- Research, scholarly and creative work accomplishments to date;
- Research, scholarly and creative work plan for the fellowship period;
- Future academic career goals;
- Academic and personal experience that will offer different perspectives to the CU Boulder community and your discipline; and
- Contributions to diversity, equity and inclusive practices (DEI) in educational or community settings and/or ways in which you plan to contribute to DEI in your future academic career. CU Boulder’s DEI contributions are the responsibility of everyone (not just historically excluded groups) and outlined in CU Boulder's IDEA Plan.
- Reference Letters (3 in total) – it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure letters are submitted via the online portal by the deadlines.
- Thesis Advisor: describe the applicant’s potential for an academic career. Thesis advisors will receive an email from the online system once the applicant submits materials and will have until November 8 to enter their recommendation.
- Faculty Mentor at CU Boulder: describe the applicant’s planned research; commitment to complete an Individual Development Plan in conjunction with the applicant; facilities and resources available to the applicant. Mentors will receive an email from the online system once the applicant submits materials and will have until November 8 to enter their recommendation.
- Department Chair at CU Boulder: describe the department’s commitment to hire the applicant into a tenure-track position and the mentor’s capacity and ability to support the applicant’s career trajectory. A department chair who is also serving as mentor can submit one letter, but the letter should be uploaded in both the department chair and faculty mentor fields. Chairs will receive an email from the online system once the applicant submits materials and will have until November 15 to enter their recommendation.
Deadlines and Key Dates
- Online Portal Opens: September 1, 2021
- Deadline for Curriculum Vitae and Personal Statement: November 1, 2021
- Deadline for Thesis Advisor Letter and Faculty Mentor Letter: November 8, 2021
- Deadline for Department Chair Letter: November 15, 2021
- College/School Committee Submits Rank-Ordered Applicants: December 15, 2021
- Final Selection Committee Decisions: February 1, 2022
For full details visit: https://www.colorado.edu/postdoctoralaffairs/current-postdocs/chancellors-postdoctoral-fellowship-diversity-program
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location