As needed. Based on availabilty and the needs of the department.
12 Hour Night Shift
Work Hours per Biweekly Pay Period:
Medical Center, US:FL:Lakeland
Delivers care to patients under the direction/delegation of the Registered Nurse or licensed nurse assigned by the RN, as needed, and must be able to perform satisfactorily the specific patient care skills outlined by the facility and the department. Must effectively interact with patients, families and other health team members. Must report pertinent information to the RN or licensed nurse assigned by the RN as needed, and respond to requests for information in a timely manner. Assists with tasks to support patient care. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Standard Work Duties: Patient Care Assistant
- Demonstrates knowledge of the individualized care plan for each patient; contributes to the care planning process by providing specific information and observation of the patient's needs and preferences.
- Under direction from the registered nurse, performs direct patient care, utilizing established standards/competences, policies and procedures so that optimum patient outcomes are achieved. Patient and staff safety are a priority in all activities.
- Ensures nursing documentation on all forms is complete, accurate and timely (vital signs, intake and output, weights, pain level, etc.)
- Observes patients for changes in condition or behavior and promptly reports these changes to appropriate RN or licensed nurse assigned by the RN as needed.
- Answers patient call lights promptly; follows up as appropriate with supervisor regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
- Communicates effectively with team members, patient and family members using appropriate verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized job functions and work assignments to be able to effectively complete assignments within established time frames.
- Demonstrates responsible use of LRH's resources including people, finances, equipment and facilities.
- Knows and adheres to organizational and department policies and procedures.
- People At The Heart Of All We Do
- Fosters an inclusive and engaged environment through teamwork and collaboration.
- Ensures patients and families have the best possible experiences across the continuum of care.
- Communicates appropriately with patients, families, team members, and our community in a manner that treasures all people as uniquely created.
- Guide Projects Using Acceptable Standards And ITIL Framework
- Safety And Performance Improvement
- Behaves in a mindful manner focused on self, patient, visitor, and team safety.
- Demonstrates accountability and commitment to quality work.
- Participates actively in process improvement and adoption of standard work.
Qualifications & Experience
- High School or Equivalent
None required if normally scheduled to work at least 40 hours per pay period. (If STEP or PTD and normally scheduled to work less than 40 hours per pay period, must have minimum of one year full time experience in an acute care hospital.) For Staffing Resources department, must have one year of recent acute care experience.
PCA in acute care setting