The primary purpose of the Housekeeping Associate is to provide guests with an excellent room experience while providing friendly, attentive, and timely service and through ensuring that guest rooms and public areas meet high standards of cleanliness and are properly presented.
The Housekeeping Associate will be tasked with the following duties, responsibilities, and assignments:
Preferred Prior Experience:
- Clean and maintain hotel guest rooms, public areas and laundry within the hotel per established protocols, including but not limited to:
- Removal of all used and unused linen/terry from room
- Disinfect all high touch surfaces and unused amenities
- Clean bathrooms
- Clean glass and mirrors, dust and polish furniture and equipment
- Replace burned out light bulbs
- Remake beds with clean linens
- Replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, writing supplies and bathroom supplies
- Empty wastebaskets and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas
- Clean rugs, carpets upholstered furniture and draperies;
- Ensure usage of approved cleaning chemicals;
- Operate, stock and maintain storage closets and room attendant carts to include such items as linens, towels, toiletry items and cleaning supplies;
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in all work areas;
- Examine and sort articles for laundry according to color, fabric, dirt content, and cleaning technique required;
- Use laundering equipment and the correct amounts of proper chemicals to safely and thoroughly clean and press linen;
- Make rounds through the halls each shift to ensure public areas are disinfected, clean and tidy,
- Uphold departmental standards of quality of work and timing measured by brand customer satisfaction metrics and Atrium labor guidelines;
- May be required to train newly hired associates and support on-going performance development;
- Perform work on a deep cleaning and preventative maintenance scheduled program for all areas of the hotel as assigned. Use power equipment when applicable;
- Observe precautions required to protect hotel and guest property, report damage, theft and found articles to supervisor;
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures, report equipment problems and maintenance issues, accidents, injuries and safety hazards, or unsafe work conditions to leadership; and
- Any and all other work as required to complete the primary purpose of the position.
Previous hotel housekeeping or other applicable cleaning experience
Prior customer service experience
High school diploma or equivalent
Able to lift a minimum of 50lbs occasionally and 20lbs regularly
Able to bend and squat repeatedly
Able to walk and stand for duration of scheduled shift
Flexible towork dayshifts, early mornings, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
When you're an Atrium Associate, you're a part of a crucial workforce providing the ultimate 'Home Away From Home' for our guests. We know that it takes a lot of time and effort to provide these exceptional experiences, so we reward your efforts with a competitive compensation plan and other benefits and perks that allow you to offer your best to our guests. These benefits include:
- Daily Pay
- Significant Travel Discounts on Marriott and/or Hilton properties
- 401k Plans
- Medical Insurance
- Other property specific benefits
Plus, we make sure you can grow your career the way you want to through Internship programs, training and development and over 80 hotels that offer incredible opportunities for career driven associates.
Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.
Atrium Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Atrium Hospitality brinda igualdad de oportunidades de empleo a todos los empleados y aplicantes de empleo y prohíbe la discriminación y el acoso de cualquier tipo sin distinción de raza, color, religión, edad, sexo, origen nacional, estado de discapacidad, genetica, estado de veterano protegido, orientación sexual, genero de identidad o expresión, o cualquier otra característica protegida por las leyes federales, estatales o locales. Esta política se aplica a todos los terminos y condiciones de empleo, incluido el reclutamiento, la contratación, la colocación, la promoción, la terminación, el despido, el retiro, la transferencia, las licencias, la compensación y la capacitación.
Notice of candidate Privacy Rights: